1999 mach radio amp bypass

rdpar

Jan 21, 2008
I have a 1999 Mustang gt. that the local "fancy car audio place" told me ,without looking at it or checking anything, that both amps in the back are shot. hmmm seems odd to me that they would both go at the same time. But what do i know. ok so my question is three part. (1) does anyone know where i can find replacement amps?( 2)how would I go about checking to see if in fact both amps are shot?(3)where can I find the amp bypass harness I would need to replace the radio.? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If you have original '99 stuff, then your paper speakers are 12 yrs old. IMHO that's probably what is shot. I'm pretty sure that the Mach systems' speakers were impedance matched to the amps, and the speakers were an odd-ball impedance to boot.

If you get a new radio from Crutchfield you get a harness that lets you use your new radio with the factory amps, not sure if there's one to bypass them, but you could call them to find out for sure. They might even give you a hand to figure out what is shot in your system.

well something was draining my battery before the back and door speakers quit on me. I went to a car audio place and without lookin at it they said it was the amps, they can't get them, so suggested a new radio and a amp bypass. with a cheap $99 radio the price tag was over $300 for the parts and labor involved. Sorry that ain't happinin:) Just seems funny that both amps would suddenly quit at the same time.

I hate electrical problems because it can be so many things to drain a battery. Yeah, $300 to install a amp bypass and cheap radio is a complete rip-off. :nono:

I ditched the Mach 460 and put together a killer system for @ $600, did the work myself and saved a bunch of $$ in labor.