1999 mustang engine swap!!!

fordguy73

Feb 11, 2006
I am getting a 1999 mustang V6 car that runs real well auto car.I got a 1999 mustang gt that got totaled in the passenger side.How hard is it to turn the V6 car into the gt?What is all different?K members the same?Is there a site that will tell me what all is different?

• Sponsors (?)

well, if you have a donor car, take out everything under the hood and under the car plus the ecu and wire harnesses from the ecu to the fuel injectors. Should be 2 pieces i think. I'm not sure about the K-Member since I haven't done any research on swapping to a mod motor.

98stangv8 said:
been there, done that...not worth it and wouldn't do it again...

Yeah. If you're car is your daily driver, don't do it. It takes way too long if you have other commitments. I helped rebuild the engine in my dad's truck, and he was without his truck for 2-3 months with just pulling the engine.

If you can get a donor car fairly cheap and do the work yourself, I think it's worth.

I'm supposed to be looking at a gt donor car this week that was deemed unrepairable. My 351W block is getting a bad diagnosis from the engine shop so I maybe be looking at a gt engine until I'm willing to pony up the dough for a dart 351.