1999 Mustang GT...whats it worth?

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
I know markets in every place differ, and everything is worth something dif. in everyones eyes. As some know, I sold my 00 gt a while back, someone offered me something I couldnt refuse and sold it. Bug hasnt bighten me to much, but happened to seDrovbe this at a local dealer: 99 GT, 120k miles, 5 spd, leather, mach 460, 6 Disc factory player or whatever it is, Welded in Flowmaster mufflers, No air snorkle haha, Some type of shifter, and a 01+ hood scoop and some bullet wheels. I drove it and ran good, clutch was heavy, felt like my old king cobra clutch. Made a small squeek in the rear pas side tire, not sure. The dealer said tech could go out with them and check it out. Motor sounded sound, maybe a small exh leak on the pas. side, couldnt quite tell, coudlnt hear it from above the motor, but could hear it when I crawled under it. Drove it and it ran good, trans shifted fine, ran out fine.

So its at a Mazda dealer, they got it in on a trade. It was a 1 owner, from NC. They traded it in at the dealer. Window sticker was in the glove box from the dealer in NC. Car does not have traction control, I know its an option, but its kinda a plus I would think. Anyways, they were asking $6780 for it, they then dropped it to $5780, and advertised it online at $4780 with your $1k cash or trade. I really dont NEED the car, but I have a 97 saturn I got for commuting back and forth from work, but the stang would be so much more fun haha. What I was thinking is telling them to give me $2k for the saturn on a trade, and I give them anywhere from $2k-2500 cash, so $4500 total. If they say no, I walk out the door cause I really dont need the car, saturn runs fine and gets 35+ mpg, but I do miss driving the stang. I just bought a house, so a car payment is not feesable because Im putting lots of extra $$ into the house. Just seen this and fig. it might be more fun then the saturn. So what does everyone think?

9396107424.254312779.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

9396107427.254312779.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

9396107430.254312779.IM1.07.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

It looks clean.

Around here in South Carolina that car could probaly fetch $6k... $6,500 tops.

If they are asking that low, you could probaly get it for around 5k cash.

I would do it if it runs good. It looks clean, and that is a good price.

in the end, it's up to you. The car is worth as much as you are willing to pay for it. How bad you want it will end up determining the outcome.

Looks pretty clean. Good luck!

Thanks guys. Like you said, its up to me. Its not a must have car for sure. My must have car is 03-04 cobra. But with just buying a house, def. not happening. I will probably go there tom. when they are open and tell them $2k for my saturn on trade (kbb trade is $1kish) and $2250 cash, like I said, its def. not a must have car, but would be nicer then my saturn, its got some issues, but runs good, so who knows. Ill check back after I pay a visit to the dealer Monday

Dude my must have car is also the termi, but with me just starting my new job last monday and a house being priority number one i understand. I mean yea i already have a gt, and i'll always keep it but i would love to park a termi right next to it in a garage:D. With that being said, it looks really clean i would jump on it if they take your offer:nice:

I can't even get $9K for my immaculate '03 w/69K miles on it :(

I'd love to say it's a buyers market right now, but i tried to buy a used G35x from a dealer last week and played it too aggressive and they said no. Dealers will deal..but they still aren't giving the cars away.

Yeah I've been trying to capitalize on this whole economy thing too, but I've found zero cooperation from dealerships. There was an 05 gt that I couldn't get a dealership to drop $1500 off of it's 17,900 sticker. It's been there for over a month too. I don't get it.

Oh yeah, and to the poster...if you're relying on this car for a DD...I wouldn't do it. Too many miles on a first year bodystyle.

That car looks really nice though and it's all up to you.

Yeah I've been trying to capitalize on this whole economy thing too, but I've found zero cooperation from dealerships. There was an 05 gt that I couldn't get a dealership to drop $1500 off of it's 17,900 sticker. It's been there for over a month too. I don't get it.

I guess the used car market is still strong. :shrug:

They are practically giving away new cars but buying used is still pretty cutthroat. I'm going to go try and buy another used '06 G35x tonight. Hopefully the dealer comes down a little bit on this car. I like it a lot.

I guess the used car market is still strong. :shrug:

They are practically giving away new cars but buying used is still pretty cutthroat. I'm going to go try and buy another used '06 G35x tonight. Hopefully the dealer comes down a little bit on this car. I like it a lot.

Good luck man, I feel your pain. Dealing w/ a dealership is quite an undertaking...you feel like you're planning a raid on Vietnam or something w/ all the mental preperation and the game face on. Then you get the whole piece of paper thing where no matter what you tell them you need, they come back w/ numbers that are literally like off by $200 a month.

I know it's their routine, and even when I expect it, I get mad - make an insulting remark about them and their race and then neither party is wanting to negotiate...:)

I see alot of 05+ stangs going for around 14-15k around here. If I didn't have cams going into my car I would trade mine in for a 05+. Also now that the 2010s are going to be kicking around soon all the 05-09s should go down in price even more.

I called the dealer and the guy I was working with wasnt there. I left a voice mail and he called me back. He told me the $5780 price was what they had into the car....I told him I have $2500 and thats all. He asked me about my trade in my 97 saturn, got all the info, and said he would talk to the used car guy and call me back. So we will see. Its no sweat off my back at all, just fig. Id offer them something, never know, and dont matter, just worth the shot I fig.

I hope they make it work for you, but they usually don't go to bat for you unless you go sit at their table for 10 hours straight.

lol sorry for my negativity about the dealers...you're just seeing my fangs come out from the hatred I harbor for them. I hate BS