Electrical 1999 svt cobra parasitic draw

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by jfrye82, Apr 14, 2013.

1. jfrye82

jfrye82 New Member

Hey guys newb here. I have a 1999 svt cobra as stated above. I've been struggling with a parasitic draw for a while now. I have had the draw ever since I bought the car a few years ago. I installed a motorcraft battery earlier this year. The battery will die if sitting for 2 to 3 days without being run. I have hooked up my multimeter in series on the negative side of the battery. I have a draw of 1.156 amps. I've read anything below .050 amps is acceptable. Today I recharged the battery and then hooked my multimeter in series again and waited about an hour before removing all the fuses from the drivers side kick panel fuse box. I still have the same amount of amperage draw. next I went and disconnected each maxi fuse from the drivers side engine junction box. No change in the amperage draw. Maybe im doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. jim

2. toyman

SN Certified Technician

Try isolating the alternator. Guessing a short or bad diode.

3. jfrye82

jfrye82 New Member

i disconnected the alternator as well yesterday and still had the draw. i should have wrote that down yesterday.

4. earleys94gt

earleys94gt Active Member

Maybe GEM module?

5. jfrye82

jfrye82 New Member

i thought it was the gem fuse but like i said ive pulled every single fuse in the drivers side kick panel fuse box and the draw is still there