$19k to build a beast

• Sponsors (?)

Why do people bore out motors... stroke motors... p&p heads... For the price of that WOW!!! Im sorry but I am still stuck on the 600 rwhp on stock heads and intake! Oh and only 281 cubic inches!!! I say buy turbo!!!!! Go with that TKO the one guy suggested that can handle 700 lbs of torque!

MoNsTaMaCk24 said:
Why do people bore out motors... stroke motors... p&p heads... For the price of that WOW!!! Im sorry but I am still stuck on the 600 rwhp on stock heads and intake! Oh and only 281 cubic inches!!! I say buy turbo!!!!! Go with that TKO the one guy suggested that can handle 700 lbs of torque!
Turbo....i forgot about turbo......*sinister laugh* hmmm 5.turb0? mmmm, i think so! :banana:

Stock heads,stock intake,novi 2000 ,8rib,intercooler,281cube built engine,cams and 600rwhp..thats what i would do..Not expensive and alot of bang for the buck..
Fwiw,Chads car will go 620rwhp plus with his setup.Just need the new MAF so I can carry the car out in rpm and add more timing..May go 630rwhp.:)

tim

See Tim hears me!!! Jus instead of paxton TURBO!!! Go twin... Or one big one... Its your call there! leave stock heads and intake you save a lot of cash there to buy a better block so you can UPGRADE heads and so forth!!! Nothing wrong with upgrading more and more...

331ci with a T70 and 550rwhp is EASILY ATTAINABLE on the STOCK block. But I wouldnt push it more.

Here is my old twin turbo setup, well this is the 5th kit I made for this car.

Its nice, but im scrapping it for a T70 single.

:nice:

Pete

post-4-1086930155.jpg

Just too damn sexxyyyy

post-4-1086809854.jpg

that should make u want to do it more now!

cobra killer said:
Stock heads,stock intake,novi 2000 ,8rib,intercooler,281cube built engine,cams and 600rwhp..thats what i would do..Not expensive and alot of bang for the buck..
Fwiw,Chads car will go 620rwhp plus with his setup.Just need the new MAF so I can carry the car out in rpm and add more timing..May go 630rwhp.:)

tim
Its all down to $$, what you have listed would be be perfect, but if I have no money left for a T-56, building the rear end at all, or for misc parts i have to fix on a older car then i cant do it. Lets see, $4000 for the blower kit, how much am i looking at for a 281 built and some custom cams from you?

What's wrong with fox bodies? Anyway, I would... well... I am building a 351 Dart stroker with a turbo setup. All of this sorta depends on if you'll have to pay labor or if your doing it all yourself. Big $$$ issue there. You should look for a nice rolling chassis IMHO. Something w/o motor and tranny but with most of the other goodies you'll need. You can usually find them for about 3-6k depending... (it's what i did). Then you'll only have to worry about motor/tranny. That should still leave you with 10-12k ish depending on what you spend on chassis. Dart block (2k), Stroker kit (2k), Heads/intake/carb:D /other goodies (2-4k depending) and then your left with tranny (2kish depending) and a supercharger or custom turbo... if you can bend pipe and fab lines and such. That should amount to around your 12k budget with all of the previous costs assuming you don't find any good deals. Just IMHO... it's my plan... (see http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=5855468#post5855468). Hell, if your serious I might even sell you my rolling chassis.

WhiteDevil69 said:
And with this idea, same question, would it be a bad idea to buy a 96 v6 and do this engine swap? Any problems/other parts im gonna need besides the tranny which i would swap anyways?

lol...ok...you want to spend around 18k let's say....

get a cheap v6...somewhere around 1-2k...

you put an engine in it....stroked, with heads, cams, forged internals, all the goodies, NO BLOWER....that is going to run around 10k or so with install and all that...

now a tranny...not real sure on those prices...but let's say around 2k...

you need a new wiring harness, radiator, fan, master cylinder...all to compensate for the v6 switch..guesstimate on that price..and labor...

new rear axle with gears, etc...around 1k

suspension!!!! all this has to be changed...

new exhaust....since the v6 one will have to be switched out...anywhere from 1k to 1500...

there is your 18000....and you didn't even get a blower....