19lb injectors enough for this setup...?

justhereforinfo

Jul 15, 2008
I recently installed Gt40p heads, Trickflow Stage 1 cam and spring kit, Ford racing "P" headers. Plus the car already had an intake, Cobra upper and lower, 19lb injectors and maf, UPR X pipe, Flowmasters (2.25 i think) BBK Throttle body, Efan, adj fpr, Full MSD ignition, and a NOS brand wet kit.

I just bought a wideband and wont be running any spray until I can watch my afr, but I was just wondering if the 19lb injectors are enough fuel, off the bottle?

I've been beating the piss out of it since the rebuild, so I hope so...

How can I make sure the MAF is calibrated for these injectors?

• Sponsors (?)

I thought that might be the case...we'll see when the wideband gets here. I'll be adding a supercharger in a few months, so I'd like to only buy one more set of injectors.

Does anyone know how you can tell what your maf is calibrated for? Can you tell by pulling the voltage reading?

most aftermarket MAFs will enscribe what they are calibrated for. If you have the stock one it is 19s though.
Kevin

thanks, so 19's are stock in a 93... that makes sense now, cause I think my maf is stock. The previous owner made it sound like 19's were a bonus.

I'm used to working on MAP sensored cars so bare with me. So the MAF can control the injectors but only to a certain point, right? Whats the largest injectors size most people can get away with assuming the maf is correctly calibrated for the injectors?

I know bigger isnt better, but I dont daily drive this car, and I plan to run 10-12lbs of boost(w/meth) with an intermediate size blower, so I want to make sure they will supply enough fuel...

24# injectors were only stock in the cobra's and they didn't need them,

you're absolutely fine with those 19# injectors. My bro and I both run an identical combo to you and both run 19# injectors. He's dyno'd 237 at the wheels, which is under 300.

at 100% duty cycle, 19# injectors are rated at a little over 300hp. therefore, at or under 300 flywheel hp and you're fine.

Even if you put down 260 to the wheels, it would still be plenty.

don't waste your cash upgrading until you run nitrous....we got an air/fuel reading off of my bro's dyno run, and it actually was showing him running slightly rich..he's got gt40 heads, tfs 1 cam, 1.7 roller rockers full exhaust, etc