19mm Wrench went THROUGH my trunkpan pics...

90lxcoupe

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
19mm Wrench went THROUGH my trunk floor. pics...

i had some work done at a local shop and i know the guys pretty good there, and they know my car pretty well. so i go to pick it up and they say "dont know if you knew but you left the wrench attached to your control arm and im pretty sure it put a hole in the trunk." i asked him how big and he laughs a little and says good sized. When i took the carpet out of the trunk i see a friggen egg sized hole and i felt like punching myself in the face. im not really that mad cause its not that bad coulda been worse but i could be retarded after this one... :flame: :chair:

Attachments

• Picture002.jpg
    Picture002.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture006.jpg
    Picture006.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 197
  • Sponsors (?)

yea totally my fault when i re torqued the uppers i must have fogot the wrench... i though those solid bushings were making alot of noise haha. oh well ***** happens you know, i laughed a little when i saw it

Don't feel too bad. I once did worse on a twin cam Mitsubishi. The thing was making a gawd awful screetching noise from underneath the car. I took the tranny inspection cover off to see what I could see and found there was a bolt trapped in one of the recesses on the flywheel and it was grinding up against the tranny housing. I was totally excstatic that I'd found the source of hte problem after all this time. I took the top cover off and rotated the engine by turning the cam to ge the bolt out. Once removed, I popped into the car and cranked it over (forgetting of course that the box end wrench that I'd used to turn the cam was still on there)... This car and motor hated me... it was a fresh rebuild I'd just put in there and now the head, valves, and one of the pistons were FUBAR. This was just the latest in a long series of events with this particular motor.

Anyway... don't feel bad. Stuff like this reminds us to slow down and take our time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy crap that's funny! Back when my dad's 93 Sonoma was brand new I washed it for him... problem was the rag I used was the same rag I used for polishing my brass in ROTC... haha that sucked :nonono: