19s on a foxbody?

• Sponsors (?)

StreetDreamsGT said:
I pulled into a parkinglot to go and get lunch the other day. A van pulls in next to me and the guy rolls down his window and complimented me on my car. We got to talking and I was telling him how I wanted to get a new set of rims. I was planning on going with a set of Diablo Lionhart 18s, he told me that it's possible to fit a set of 19s on my 90 GT. All I needed to do was get a smaller width rim. Is that possible? And does anyone have it done? He said he's seen guys who've had it done and it looked good. Anyone who can give me any info would be appreciated, thanx.
did he try and sell you top of the line speakers too :shrug:

Would I really need ta raise it like that if I had 19z thou? I figure I could keep it lower wit tha 19z n all. idk this is my first car i'm puttin rimz on, i figure i'll go ta one of tha places round here n check out tha size diff tween tha 19z n 18z in person ta c which i'd want. but ne1 got pix of a rather tastefull looking fox wit 19z on it n not raised?

StreetDreamsGT said:
Would I really need ta raise it like that if I had 19z thou? I figure I could keep it lower wit tha 19z n all. idk this is my first car i'm puttin rimz on, i figure i'll go ta one of tha places round here n check out tha size diff tween tha 19z n 18z in person ta c which i'd want. but ne1 got pix of a rather tastefull looking fox wit 19z on it n not raised?

YO BROZZZ, getzz yaZELF a LIFE YOOO. BTW 19zzzz are gayzzzz

seriously... the only reason to use 18's is to clear those new roush brakes like on horespower TV. there are plenty of mustags that race on the road track with 17'' cobra r's and do just fine. but i'll stick with some draglites

StreetDreamsGT said:
I pulled into a parkinglot to go and get lunch the other day. A van pulls in next to me and the guy rolls down his window and complimented me on my car. We got to talking and I was telling him how I wanted to get a new set of rims. I was planning on going with a set of Diablo Lionhart 18s, he told me that it's possible to fit a set of 19s on my 90 GT. All I needed to do was get a smaller width rim. Is that possible? And does anyone have it done? He said he's seen guys who've had it done and it looked good. Anyone who can give me any info would be appreciated, thanx.

to answer the question on fitment, the width would not make a difference, of course narrower would be easier to fit, but if you can fit a 9 inch 17 or 18, then you could fit a 19 with the correct offset and tire size. to explain the opposite, you can go down to a 15x7 with the wrong tire size, say a 265/60, that would not fit very good all around if at all. its not the rim size persay, its the overall diameter and the offset that make it fit.
now to answer the question on looks, well you didnt really ask that, but boy you got lots of answers.