1st ding ;o(

OsirisGT

Nov 12, 2005
San Diego
So check out the present I found washing my car today.

Attachments

• mustang bumper 002.jpg
    mustang bumper 002.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 291
  • Sponsors (?)

I really hate non-driving mother ****ers! SOmetimes people do that crap and they don't care and just drive away. They are jealous and sometimes purposely open their door without care and ding your ride.:nonono:

mash2k said:
I really hate non-driving mother ****ers! SOmetimes people do that crap and they don't care and just drive away. They are jealous and sometimes purposely open their door without care and ding your ride.:nonono:

That is why when I drive my GT, I park as far away from store-entrances as possible. I don't mind walking if it will protect my "baby". I park so far away that if I see a car parked beside me, I know that they are looking at my ride. Also, when I park that far away, I usually take up more than one space to avoid having someone park directly beside me, but I only do it FAR away from the store. (to avoid "parking" cops harrassment.)

Reign696 said:
That is why when I drive my GT, I park as far away from store-entrances as possible. I don't mind walking if it will protect my "baby". I park so far away that if I see a car parked beside me, I know that they are looking at my ride. Also, when I park that far away, I usually take up more than one space to avoid having someone park directly beside me, but I only do it FAR away from the store. (to avoid "parking" cops harrassment.)
EXACTLY!! this is what you are forced to do to protect your car. i do the same thing. if i am going somehwere that las limited parking, i wont take the stang. its not worth the ding!!

Last week I was out of town and had my car parked on the street and someone hit my drivers side mirror and drove off :mad: I talked to the dealer I bought the car from and it will be $320 to replace :bang:

Reign696 said:

I also park really far away too avoid door dings (and knock on wood I don't have any yet, just rock chips) but in Cali of I take up more than one space, my car would get keyed like a mother. It happened to a buddies car, and it was like $700 in repairs....that sucks.

Osiris---I feel your pain...but instead of having dents, I get a lot of rock chips.:nonono:

That sucks! I know how it feels. Someone hit my '95 Monday. I thought I avoided it, but I saw it on the bumper today. It was at a Hardees parking lot. Cracked the paint a little in the bumper. I didn't notice it the day I got hit as I was looking at the rear quarter, where I thought he hit me (he was backing out of a spot and not looking). I nailed the gas and thought I went fast enough to avoid.

I picked up my '06 GT today too. Maybe I will keep it in the garage for one more day so to enjoy the newness before I release it to the idiot drivers around here. :)

I take all the neccessary steps to avoid door dings (park far away, etc...) but I managed to get a ding this past Easter Sunday. I was washing my car using a bucket on wheels. I pulled on the hose, which caught the bucket, and sent it into the driver's side door. I can't believe I did something so stupid.

I also have a ding on my rear bumper from someone who didn't know how to parallel park. Ironically, when I got out of the car before it happened, I looked to my girlfriend and said, "I have a feeling tonight is the night of my 1st ding." I should have listened to the signs and moved my car.