1st Impression S/T-Trim swap

4Jenna

Founding Member
Sep 12, 2001
AZ
So far it obviously feels better, but a few points I wanted to touch on that jumped out obviously different.
1. Suprising still makes the same low end boost as the S-trim did
2. Sounds about the same at idle (V-1) but hear more blower when driving
3. Its a pretty violent supercharger when it comes on..unlike my S-trim (smoother)

Right now I'm only seeing 6psi and then by 5k it falls back off to under 5psi (very loose belt), I'm still running my S-trim tune so not taking any risk here (have learned the hard way)

All in all I am pretty happy, the car felt real strong on such low boost...but then again I havent had a supercharger on the car in a month..so take it for what it is.

I think my overall goal of making about the same power as I did on the S-trim but at a much lower impeller rpm shouldnt be a problem. I was working that S for everything it had.
More to come in a week or so once I finish up my fuel system and re-tune the car.
The reason for swap was my S-trim needed a rebuild, while at Vortech getting rebuilt a buddy cut me a deal on his T-Trim I couldnt pass up..but hes the smart man..loosing the belt finally

Thanks
Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Yah kinda sucked I never ran the 580rw setup, but with painting/re building the motor in the notch I have just been driving the 95'
When the blower went..the T-trim kinda fell in my lap, I think I had outgrown the S-trim anyways, well if I dont run deep 10s now..I'm hangin it up..hehe

95cobradude said:
i heard that its a real pain in the ass to tune with those meth kits. does anybody know for sure?
I know of 2 local guys personally that have had no problems at all tuning with the kit, and I know Eades did NOT have one with the S-trim.

Chris...Im gonna get back on AOL IM soon so I can keep up with you car activities.

Keep us updated.
RC