1st Stang--WooHoo

MilCaballos

Aug 7, 2007
LA
First I'm lookin for an Accord coupe V6..they're plenty but no one to finance me. Only place that would help me out offered a 01 Caddy STS or a 02 Pony--not a GT. OK, whatever..I needed a ride, wanted a 6 (on a ***), and it was clean and mean...lots of room 2 upgrade. So I bought it w/52k mi...not bad. I had no experience with Mustangs as I've usually driven trucks (Chevys and a Jeep). Being obsessive/compulsive I spent countless hours online researching my new ride..mods, history, dress-up, etc.

Some of the things I've noticed upon driving this thing around LA:
1. Factory tune is crap...for a 3.8 V6 i find it quite slow unless I floor it--not smart!
2. Stock handling is tits--much better than my 00 Cherokee (Duh!)
3. Transmission timing is for the elderly! At least I can text while I'm accelerating (yes its an auto)
4. Airfoil looks cool, not sure if it's necessary under 100 mph!
5. The 3.8 has potential....thus my new obsession.

So now I'm rollin with a K&N filter sans silencer tube, 20% tints all around with 30% on the side doors. Oh and I've mounted my Ipod inside so I can bump my Pantera collection when I roll up on a mutant import playing some B.S. southside crunk music...no offense but y'all border brothers gotta change up yo stilo!!!

Upon much research I've compiled my up and coming upgrades (mods for you unisyllabic grunters).
1. Dual exhaust--of course...seems finding a set of GT take offs is slim pickins, so I might have to tuff it out at the junk yards or save five bills for an aftermarket. I'm thinking Flowmaster 40's and whatever I can piece together.

2. 3.73 gears with a tuner...any suggestions???

3. Bolt-ons...waste of time in my opinion...why bust my hump to save for something that's going to give me a couple of horses at best when I can wait and replace the cams, springs, rockers, etc. I hear the stock V6 headers are decent.

4. Upgraded suspension--Eibach!!!!

5. Dress-ups...maybe some 18 Bullit rims and reverse gauges...also I HATE THE BEIGE INTERIOR!!!! I'll take it to TJ for a once over...I'd rather roll w/LEPURRD than the tan cloth!!!

All in all I'm happy with my new ride...Looks clean and handles well..

• Sponsors (?)

1st Stang feedback

Thanks for the grammar lesson and the cool smileys...I'll post some pix when my broken foot heals...

some corrections:
5% TINT around w/20% on the doors...must be the pain killers.
Black/grey seat covers and black steering wheel grip.

Any suggestions on the tuner/gear thing? And who's got GT catback take-offs??? Thinking about jackin' someone's neglected ride (just the exhaust..I'm not cruel like that) since so many peeps out here just letting their Stangs go to heck!!!

Also thinkin about drillin small holes in the plastic cover for the boss cosmetic ram scoop just for kicks...maybe hookin' up some Knight Rider lights on it cause otherwise its kinda useless!!!

If it's knight rider you want, get a black 80's trans am. I know everyone's tastes are different, but there are a few things I'd rather do than stick useless LED lights on my car, like.. french kiss a bum after he puked in a trash can in a back alley, or become rosie o'donnel's love toy, or, worst of all... vote for hillary clinton. :eek: :jaw:

I saw an 03 Mach 1 for sale 15k right after I bought mine...DOH! Its gone now. Droppin a new motor would be like having lindsay lohan sit on my face...sounds good but nothing but trouble! I'm not lookin to break speed records, just lift my ride outta the granny phase...I figure $1000 will get me a new exhaust and 3.73 gears installed..that's all I need for now...a tuner would be nice to balance it all out too.
Besides the 4.6 motor thing means new tranny, drivetrain, rear end diff, and of course the GT emblems..in platinum!!! TANTO DINERO CHICOS!!!
BTW when I run that blinged out monstrosity off the road the first thing to go will be the front air foil---yes I'm mean like that! Call me a hater but taste is taste...WORD!!!