1st start of the day stall problem

92greenlx

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2002
Ca
I have never had this problem before.
When I 1st start my car in the morning it turns over no problem and runs for about a second or two then dies. So once I start it back up again and give the car some gas it is then fine. If I let the car run for like a minute before taking off it wants to stall/die until it's up to about normal temp.
Before I used to be able to start the car right up and take right off with no problem. What should I do or check? Someone please give me some advice or help :( :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey man, I had this same problem about a year ago. I replaced the fuel filter, air charge sensor, and a number of other things. I basically talked to everyone I knew and replaced damn near every sensor in the engine and nothing fixed it. One day it just stopped doing it, and hasn't done it since. I wish I could tell you how to fix it, but I honestly don't. All I can say is I've been there, it sucks, and maybe yours will go away like my problem did.

Mine did that for the past 2 years. Cold it would stall and have NO power, unless I gave it a lot of throttle. It turned out to be my fuel pump, added an aftermarket one two days ago, now it starts and idles like a dream!

92greenlx my car has been doing the same thing for 8 years now
I've replaced
Fuel pump with 190
3 IAC
8 fuel filters
2 fuel regulators
and so on and so on
All sensors except MAF and BARO
I've done every test imaginable etc and no change.
I blame it on the stock computer not knowing the engine has a B 303 cam
I've learned to live with it!
Hell it only happens on the first start in the mornings

It's crazy! My car stopped doing it. This friday I installed an adjustable clutch cable/quadrant and firewall adjuster. So the battery had been disconnected for about 2 days since it was started on thursday. Well I guess it was disconnected long enough to reset itself. It starts right up in the morning now with no problem. But it still does feel a bit sluggish unless I let it warm up for a few minutes or so as to before I could just start it off and just take off. Anyways, I still need to get my 190lph fuel pump in eventually. Thanks for all of the replies guys. If it happens again I will let ya know. :D

Well my car still idles a little bit like I have a vaccum leak. I need to check my car out better. But at least I did my timing finally. So it doesnt seem as bad. But I still have the stock cam and my idle is a little bit choppy maybe due to the other mods? :shrug: