1st Stupid ticket of the year

95Vert383AOD

15 Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
New Bedford, MA
OK its 3:47am and i'm on my way home. Cop comes from the opposite direction and as he passes turns his lights on. Checks my info....all is good. So he does the walk around. Sees i have no back window on my convertible. (crowbar in the trunk hit it when i was lowering the top) I am then written a 5 day tag for not having a back window (on a convertible). If you don't have this in your state this means that if i don't get the paper stamped by an authorized inspection station (signifying its repaired) my registration WILL be suspended. Whatcha guys think? :shrug:

~Chris

• Sponsors (?)

IF you are running full tailpipes it is BS, if you have dumps it is kinda legit... Most states require the exhaust to exit at least 6" behind the last opening to the passenger compartment...

Now the cop was jsut being a PITA... so was it a Statie or a PVD or ??? I need to know so I ovoid the same thing.. I have no tailpipes on my car...

At this point look into what is needed to get a pass... can you make a window out of some plastic or ??? Just thinking outside the box... I know there is a place in Attleboro that always looked like they did a heck of a job on convertibles...

yeah id like to know which group pulled you over too... only people that have ever bothered me was No. Providence for tint and the Staties because i rolled through a stop sign and he gave me a 5 day tag for tint... everything has since been resolved and tint is STILL on the car year later :)

It was a Providence cop...Hes the one that gives people tickets for overtime parking in the middle of the night. BTW as an update. The tag is for "rear windsheild" first off its spelled "Windshield" and second the rear window isn't a windshield. Unless maybe i start driving in reverse.

sounds like profiling to me ... he saw a hot rod mustang driving around at 4:00 am and figured he'd catch some punk doing something wrong. when he didn't, he was determined to write you up for something.

i bet if it was before midnight he would have left you alone.

Yep was prob profiling. Funny thing is last year i drove around the whole summer with no hood. Didn't have any trouble!!! I have this thing where i hate spending money on my car unless its to make it go faster. Im just saving for a whole new top....i hate the tan color anyways.

I'm pretty glad, the city cops where I live are actually pretty good, and save all the profiling for the import kids. Then again, I wouldn't exactly call that profiling anyway, since those import kids are usually driving like tools.

City police used to compliment my extremely emissions un-friendly mustang at any time of day or night. I got pulled over once for a cop to check my plates and he spent nearly an hour talking to me about my car, in a good way. I wasn't complaining lol

Sorry to hear about the ticket, but it would sound pretty reasonable to get any type of covering over the opening and get away with it. I'm just not sure how stringent Providence is with thier rules...

Basically a car is required to have a windshield....Ford Broncos have a power rear window i believe. The point isn't that i don't need a rear window....the point is that its not a crime to not have a back window....or else you would see a back window still there when a convertible dropped the top. This is a State that lets you ride a motorcycle without a helmet.

Yeah, get a cheap piece of plexi and fix it for a repair place. When you're done with that get the phone number for the police dept and file a formal complaint with the officer who pulled you over. He'll likely give some bs reason for pulling you over, but if he does that often and people complain for getting pulled over for no reason, hopefully he'll be reprimanded.

Yeah, get a cheap piece of plexi and fix it for a repair place. When you're done with that get the phone number for the police dept and file a formal complaint with the officer who pulled you over. He'll likely give some bs reason for pulling you over, but if he does that often and people complain for getting pulled over for no reason, hopefully he'll be reprimanded.

Hes the overnight cop in my neighborhood......Hes had the same beat for at least 10 years. I don't want to start something that will lead to hell being made for me.

I'd go down to the station and ask to speak with a supervisor or sargent and ask if the ticket is even legit. I mean, it a convertible for christ's sake! Our cops here are bad, but not that bad. That's a bogus ticket if I ever saw one.