1st Time at the TRACK!!!

95.0Stang

Feb 20, 2003
Kansas
Wow, finally got out to the track, and actually suprised myself. I took the car there with 1/2 tank of gas, the stock air filter, and everything, and left everything in it which includes a spare tire and a small home radio and speakers, and a bunch of other junk in the back seat. Here is my best run!

r/t .590
60' 2.419
330 6.578
1/8 9.969
mph 73.37
1000 12.922
1/4 15.408
mph 91.03

my best r/t was .352, best 1/4 15.408, and best mph 91.03 I was hoping I could put that .352 r/t with a run where it slipped right into 3rd, but it just did not happen for me. Seems like if I can get my r/t .500 or below, and take out all that weight I might could hit 14s.

What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

With a trap speed of only 91 mph I think you might have your work cut out to get into the 14s with just weight reduction (assuming your car is an auto). Your reaction time does not affect your elapsed time. The E/T starts after you roll through the second staging light and not sooner.

dont worry the first time at the track is always the hardest. Just takes time and pratice. My first time I hit 15's as well. Im going for the second time this spring, I expect alot lower times mostly due to mods.

95GTvert[bv12] said:
i ran 15.4 my frist time then with more pratice i ran 15.001....i thought .500 is the best rt you can get? now i need to start praticing angian becuaes i can get out of the hole with 3.73's

I agree .500 is cutting a perfect light. Unless your one of the big dogs then it is a .400. But man get some practice. I found that small mods will go along ways on the aode.

Some NHRA tracks have gone to the .000 system where instead of a perfect light being a .500, it is now .000. I recently raced at Cecil and it is this way, but my local track and Mason Dixon both use the old timing standard.

If you get your 60' into the 2.1 range you can dip into the 14's. I ran 14.96 at 91.5mph with a high 2.1 60'.

I have a 5spd...it is stock like I said before...what would be the best launch RPM for a stock/light mod car...whill drag radials help? What kind should I get if they will? I race at Heartland Park, Topeka, KS which is an NHRA track and supposed to be one of the fastest tracks in the world! One thing I forgot to tell you guys is that we had wind gusts of over 36mph in my face, and sustained winds of about 25mph...will that make a big difference? What mods will help me the most you think? LOTS of questions I know, but I am going out there next weekend, and I want to improve, and hit high 14 :shrug: :D :nice: s

randomjoker said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh:

LOOOOOL thats so funny i was gonna say the exact same thing when I saw his post.

Hahaha REAL FUNNY!!!!

baby%20middle%20finger.jpg
:D
RC

I ran a best of 15.4@90 at the track my first time out. Ive never had so much fun. Going to the track at night is sweet.

I was completely stock with a K@N and radials. I never did a burnout, saw too many people make a ass out of themselves using the burnout box so I practiced and used it next time. LOL

Good times being bone stock

95.0Stang said:
I have a 5spd...it is stock like I said before...what would be the best launch RPM for a stock/light mod car...whill drag radials help? What kind should I get if they will? I race at Heartland Park, Topeka, KS which is an NHRA track and supposed to be one of the fastest tracks in the world! One thing I forgot to tell you guys is that we had wind gusts of over 36mph in my face, and sustained winds of about 25mph...will that make a big difference? What mods will help me the most you think? LOTS of questions I know, but I am going out there next weekend, and I want to improve, and hit high 14 :shrug: :D :nice: s

Kind of going along with what this guy asked, what is a good rpm to launch at on a bone stock 94 GT convertible 5 spd? Nobody answered his question.