2.02" or 1.90" for street stroker

Hey guys, I know that this has been covered before, but I am just looking for a couple opinions directed more to my question.

I have just put together a 331 stroker shortblock with the FRPP E303 cam. I'll likely be using a set of 1.7 RR to give me approximately .530" lift. This car will be 95% driven on the street. I am wondering which heads would suit my needs best. I am thinking that the 2.02" valve would give me more of the full potential out of the stroker but I am wondering if the 1.90" or 1.94" valves would be better for making power beneath 5500 rpm or so.

I am kind of thinking that a set of the GT40X heads may be good for my needs. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

2.02 valves, if you can get a custom cam as well. If your worried about getting the most low end and upper rpm use custom will be the best route.

I would look at TFS or AFR185's for sure. I am more partial to TFS but both are good heads.

You are going to be leaving alot of power on the table using the E303 (I don't like that cam in a 302 much less a stroker) in a stroker engine no matter what head you decide on. I am going to throw out a couple of suggestions for heads such as canfield 195's ( this would be my pick) AFR 185's, TFS TW's or high ports both are nice. All these heads have similarly sized cross section even though they have different volumes. A custom cam will be the best but there are some OTS cams that are much better suited for your needs than the E303.

MCSA, throat, consistency, and shape are important in selecting a cylinder head.

I prefer AFR heads. Proven over and over again.

I would go with the larger curtain area intake valve without a doubt on a stroker.