2.3 Badges

• Sponsors (?)

I didn't measure, just went away from the fender and up from the beltline and measured after to match it on the other side.
100_0590.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0590.jpg
    100_0590.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 54
glowstang93 said:
Here are my 2.3 emblems:

View attachment 470822

Oops, dang somebody dropped a 5.0 in my Pony.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Psyche, just joking with ya:lol:
wasnt that you a while ago saying you cant figure out why people rev and want to race you??? well im sure those emblems dont help...........any who tealtiger93- that is a sharp hatch if i have ever seen one.....:nice:

88stangmangt said:
wasnt that you a while ago saying you cant figure out why people rev and want to race you??? well im sure those emblems dont help...........any who tealtiger93- that is a sharp hatch if i have ever seen one.....:nice:

I did have a post about some guy wanted to race me when i got out of my car at a gas station once. No one ever revved at me.

Just to set the record straight. The 5.0 emblem has magnet tape on the back and I only took the picture as a joke to the post about 2.3 emblems. I put the emblem on for 1 minute and took it right back off. My car only has the running horses on the side 100% of the time. You can check out my two websites and you will only see them, no 5.0 or 2.3 emblems.

88stangmangt said:
well i'll tell you one thing open the door on a vw see if it falls to the ground...not gonna happen the quality is second to none.
It really depends on previous owners ...
My brother is 17 and has had 4 VWs.
A '91ish GLI Wolfsburg - 2.0L 16v 5-speed
-bought for $1600, put $1500 in it just to get it inspected in March '05 (brakes, misc. engine work, struts, etc.)
-clutch blew in early summer
Bought a new clutch but came across an '89 GTI
-bought the 89 GTI 1.8L 16v 5-speed for $300
-took every possible piece of anything off the GLI, including the engine, brakes, etc.
-junked the Jetta
-planned to put the clutch in this because it needed one, BAD
-had a "race downpipe" (no cat), took it to his friend's friend's shop to get it inspected in September
-wouldn't inspect it because the body was shot
-went to pick up the wheels and seats worth about $300 each (off the GLI no less) and every body panel was off, so we think he just wouldn't expect it so he could make some money off it
So then he got a '95 GLX VR6 5-speed in September
-beautiful car, I thought he finally got it right
-he rolled it in November, even I'm still mad about that

Now this week he got a late 80's or early 90's Jetta 2.0L 8v 5-speed
-junker
-needs brakes, engine work (one hell of an erratic idle)
But it runs and now he doesn't have to drive the '95 Astro pimp van.

EDIT: Cliff notes: take care of your cars.