2.3 n/a + Megasquirt - Been done?

Had another no start day. Started fine at home in the morning, went to work & no start at lunch. Towed it home, cleaned all the grounds I could find & it starts again. Gotta love the free fix. Going to the pull-a-part this afternoon to see what I can find.

• Sponsors (?)

OEM door handles are plastic. Aftermarket ones are steel. So you gonna keep it N/A or still go turbo? I would say run egular hioctane gas and then use a methonal kit and put e85 in there either mixed with methanol or by itself. Then use MS to activate it in high RPM's not rapidly like N2O but slow-like into the fuel rail like an octane booster.

It's an interesting idea, but it gets difficult to know what octane(and energy content) the fuel is when two are mixed in uncertain amounts. Methanol also requires a much larger injector than gas, so using the same one for both fuels would be compromise. Fortunately there is the option of staged injection. It would allow the existing fuel system and injectors to handle gasoline while a second set injected only methanol. The ECU would then be able to scale back the amount of gas injected based in a predictable manner.

Then again, there is the option of just running straight E85. The MS code allows for adding a flex fuel sensor too.