2.3T Fuel line clips

Pro-Hawk

Dec 4, 2003
West Texas
Ok I'm trying to reinstall my fuel lines and its kind of a pain to do it seems. Anyone got any tips on doing this :shrug: Also I keep hearing spring loaded fuel connectors for these lines...Is there a spring that sets in side the connector I should be able to see?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Did you disconnect the lines at the rail, or down by the chassis? They have the spring loaded connectors at the rail (which I looked at and have no clue how you disconnect those), but down by the chassis where the rubber hoses connect together they use those connectors with the plastic clips, like there is on the fuel filter.

I don't really know what kind are on the rest of the system, but for the kind that uses the clips, you're supposed to replace the clips with new ones when you remove them. I think you can get new clips at auto parts stores but I dunno really.

Red_LX said:
Did you disconnect the lines at the rail, or down by the chassis? They have the spring loaded connectors at the rail (which I looked at and have no clue how you disconnect those), but down by the chassis where the rubber hoses connect together they use those connectors with the plastic clips, like there is on the fuel filter.

I don't really know what kind are on the rest of the system, but for the kind that uses the clips, you're supposed to replace the clips with new ones when you remove them. I think you can get new clips at auto parts stores but I dunno really.

Its the ones at the fuel rail. I tore one up when I took everything a part so I had to replace it. I was able to find both clip types at the Ford dealer if you can believe that :rlaugh: To bad I had to drive 20 miles to pick them up :rolleyes:

You install the return line with the round clip installed in the end of the line...the feed line (bigger diameter) is slid on without the clip and then the clip is inserted through the slots in the line to hold it in place.

for the spring loaded side that attaches to the fuel rail, you can get a circular type tool for these at advance or auto zone. It basically wraps around the hard line then you push it down into the springed connector and it spreads the spring out then just simply tug on the line till it pops out.

sometimes this is easier said than done though due to the spring could be rusted, stubborn, the line could be hard to get down on, etc.

Prohawks car doesn't use the spring loaded connectors like the later foxes. It uses the nylon clips throughout just like the later cars fuel filter connections.

Hey I just posted a pic of my lines on my site page 18. They are both on there pretty tight but the duck bill one looks so weird and I'm not sure its on right. So if anyone could take a look at it and see if its right or wrong.

Thanks