2.73's to 3.73's

90bronconate

Apr 24, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
so i finally got my gears in. i've had the parts for about 6 months prior and never had the time to get them in until now. Brian at Duffee Motorsports put them in and did an excellent job. no gear whine and no vibrations at any speed. i'm very pleased. i supplied the parts and he charged $350 for the labor on the install, a tracloc rebuild and all new bearing replacement. i reccomend him for any of you guys in phoenix/scottsdale. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

nice.... hey guys, quick question. do i need to change the gear oil after a certain amount of time? brian, who did my gears, said just go through a heat cycle for the new bearings, but didn't say anything about changing the oil. everywhere i've been reading, people say to change the fluid after break in. is it necessary?

i never changed the gear oil when i did my rear end...? i just put royal purple in it and bolted it up... haha hummm..runs fine.

i can tell you i would never do gears by myself haha glad i had a friend that has done a few dozen rear gear changes haha

cool. i didn't relaly think it was necessary, just making sure...

on another note, i really need some drag radials haha. traction on 315 sumitomos is nonexistent. i can't even imagine 4.10's on street tires.

lol i will let you know haha im getting 4.10's but it wont be a 315 street tire lol...i dont think the tribars would like that haha...so im sure it will be spinning them like no other being smaller