2.8 Kennebell On 4.6

Chris98Stang

Dec 29, 2013
So im in the process of building an engine, i have a teksid block from a 98 cobra. I plan on putting 2v heads on it and i know i have to drill water ports in the block so the water will flow correctly. I am planning on getting the 2v trick flow twisted wedge heads, i am just unsure on the "cc" i will need. I plan on dropping the compression of the engine to around 8.1 to 1 or 8.5 to 1. I am cureous if i will be able to run 91 octane gas with 15 to 28 psi boost on that low of compression or if it would be wiser to switch to an e85 system. The kenne bell mammoth runs 15 psi at low boost and 28 at high and i dont plan on running full boost driving in town so i can always swap out a pulley whenever i go to the track. Any ideas or answers are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Unless they changed something, I read in another forum that you are going to have to do some grinding on the trickflow heads and the kb 2.8 to make it work. Personally, I would run the 44cc 185 track heat heads with 150lb springs. Let the piston dish determine your compression. If your going to run high boost keep it in the 8 range. Run e85 if you have it available.