2.8 to 5.0

Ok heres whats been going on lately, I've been stripping my Mach 1 to its bare body and am preparing it to get all the parts from my Cobra... unfourtanatly the elements have got the better of my Cobra :( so i ll have to transplant everything to my 2.8L Mach 1... anyways what all can i keep under the hood that was on the 6, and what will have to be replaced to accomidate the 8? Also are there any tricks im gonna have to use to get this V6 outa there... from the looks of it the motor mounts are pretty hidden under the manifolds.. anything else i should look out for?

Thanks for the help.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Chris,

Swapping from 2.8L to 5.0L with a donor car shouldn't be too bad. The MII has got to be the easiest Mustang to go from a 6 to an 8 because the suspension crossmember stays put. In a Fox Mustang, you have to swap the engine/suspension cradle when going from some 6's to a V8!

You'll want to strip the engine compartment as much to protect the parts as to clear the work area. You'll want to transfer the engine stands/motor mounts from the V8 car as well as the radiator and wiring harness. The under dash harness may need changed as well, but you'll at least need to change the tachometer.

You'll probably want to transfer the springs as well, unless your V6 car was heavily optioned (AC, PS, etc.) and your V8 car will be stripped (no AC, no PS, aluminum intake and water pump). I.e. front springs from a heavily optioned V6 car are not much weaker than those of a stripped V8 car.