2 inch straight through muffler hurt performance???

• Sponsors (?)

Michael Yount said:
This link might work - look around. There are some shots from underneath that show how the exhaust is configured. BUt that's all fixin' to change.

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showgallery.php?si=Yount+volvo&x=14&y=10

Man, you turn ugly into cool sooooo good....lol There's this lady in my apartment complex with an older BMW...im not even sure the year but it's kinda similar to your car only smaller and a little boxier, and it just sits there...she hardly ever drives it. It's a 5 speed and everything. I would LOVE to fit a 5.0 in it and do something similar to what you've done.

Don't know how to break it to you 85SS - but there's nothing that's boxier than a 140/240 Volvo. :)

Oh - ugly's in the eye of the beholder. Given that I like the Volvo styling, it probably comes as no surprise that when I drove by one of our Ford dealers in town yesterday, and saw an '05GT, my overwhelming thought was that it looks A LOT better in pictures than in person. But, it's subjective.

Michael Yount said:
Don't know how to break it to you 85SS - but there's nothing that's boxier than a 140/240 Volvo. :)

Oh - ugly's in the eye of the beholder. Given that I like the Volvo styling, it probably comes as no surprise that when I drove by one of our Ford dealers in town yesterday, and saw an '05GT, my overwhelming thought was that it looks A LOT better in pictures than in person. But, it's subjective.

Hey i didnt mean your car is "ugly", just not "Ferrari sexy" is all :rlaugh:

This lady's car looks nearly idential to this but it might be a couple years older, as it seems even a little edgier than this, and it's got a black wing on the back. Do you know if a 5.0 would even fit in one of these?

attachment.php

If it looks like the one above with a wing, it could be the very first version of BMW's M3. 2.3L 4-valve 4 banger that made about 190HP naturally aspirated. You wouldn't want to drop a 5.0L in it - it would be much happier with a later model BMW 3.0L six. My wife's car is a BMW - all she's driven since about 86.

Michael Yount said:
If it looks like the one above with a wing, it could be the very first version of BMW's M3. 2.3L 4-valve 4 banger that made about 190HP naturally aspirated. You wouldn't want to drop a 5.0L in it - it would be much happier with a later model BMW 3.0L six. My wife's car is a BMW - all she's driven since about 86.

Hmmmm....i don't recall ever seeing M3 badges anywhere, but it's got that same valance down below and the same wheels...i'll have to check it out and see. I'd love to have one of those and just put a new M3 engine in it :drool: