? #2 ...Octane Booster

BuffaloZone

Oct 14, 2003
Since 93 octane is no longer available in my area and I will be switching back to my 93 octane Hypertech tune today, which Octane booster is the best? Superchip tune was for 91 octane but the transmission shifts really suck big time so I'm switching back until I get my KB. With their chip I'll still need the Octane Booster because I think the KB chip is tuned for 92 octane. I've used 104 Octane Booster, but I can get Amsoil Octane Booster for the same price and it is supposed to be better...is this true? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

forpit2000gt said:
can't you pull a couple of degrees timing across the range with that programmer?

Not on the programmer I have. You install the Engine Tuning as is ...with a "Y" or "N" - You get the 93 Octane tuning.

I would get the new Hypertech HyperPac Tuner, but I'll be getting the KB pretty soon and I would prefer to use that $800 on the KB system.

Orions98GT said:
pull that hyper tech tune off of your car and go out in the street and smash it. I wasted my money on one also, resale vaule is pretty much nothing, and the tune is crap.

I wouldn't even consider smashing it - tune is better than stock; better than Superchip Micro Max...and the shift program feels 1000 times better than "stock" or the Superchip Micro Max program. That SC crap had me shifting into OD at about 25 MPH (normal driving) at the *highest* settings. :nonono: