2 problems in 1 night?

ebone84

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 8, 2004
vortech 15 psi + over rrev + pro. products intake + wind. jr. heads = waterpump backing plate blow-out , pin hole leak in therm gasket also. (i think i pressuerd the coolent ?) , lifter exploded , tip worn off one end and broken off the other end of push-rod , i caught the rocker before the pin came all the way out of the rocker-tip. so what's the best intake gasket to use ( also thinking about upgrading head gasket too ) it does run hot, and i have blown that backing plate before, and the head gasket on that 1st. cyl on the driver side ( same rocker, lifter, pushrod )...CRANE rocker out of business(i do need a crane energizer 1.6 3/8 stud)...so any suggestions on a head and intake gasket.......

• Sponsors (?)

how high dd it rev? also, if you pressureized the cooling system you probly blew a head gasket.

I would check all the pushrods to see if any are bent, and from there look at the valves, i'd guess you bent one of those.

I had a missed shift that resulted in around 8000rpms, which caused me to break an exhaust valve and bend the remaining 7. i also bent EVERY pushrod in the motor. When i took the valve cover off at first all i thought i had wrong was a loose rocker... this is what i found

so what's a good intake gasket to use on a blower set-up, and head gasket, since im already in there, but i would rather blow a head gasket, than a piston.....