2 questions

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hi, i had to questions, one is i love the svo steering wheel, i live in florida is it illegal to have a wheel without airbags? or do they sell the svo wheels with airbags,or can u put them in? and also if i get underdrive pullies will i have to change my alternator? what type of alt should i get? i have a stock one now and dont want to kill it and be stuck somehwere, thanks alot for any replies

• Sponsors (?)

no, i doubt its illegal to have a car without airbags. svo wheel should be fine.

stock alt might be borderline with pullies. do you have any stereo equipment, electric fan, ect? with my stock alt and just a deck installed, it killed my lights coming up to stops. thats without any heater, ect. i would upgrade to a 3g personally, but you might still be ok.

i really want to upgrade alt when i get pullies, i dont want to take a chance with stock, can u put airbags in svo wheel? i dont want to die just for the looks, thanks for reply

I think you'd be okay with a different steering wheel, a LOT of people change them to 89-and-earlier steering wheels (90-up have airbag) for tilt and size/weight. Insurance company might not like it though.(if you tell them). I'm not fond of pullies, you need to be careful if they change the speed or ratio that your accesories spin.