2 ?'s. TPS vols.....stock fuel pump psi

drakesdad

Jul 29, 2005
Oregon OHIO
I have seen several reports that say .095 to .098 is good, I was told by Blue Oval today that is Ford's stock setting.....anyone confirm this? raise or lower it for a modded engine?

Anyone know the stock psi for a 95 fuel pump?

• Sponsors (?)

I would want closer to 0.95- 0.98 volts. ;)

Fuel pressure: anything over 30 PSI is within spec.

And with the vac line removed and capped, you should see 38-39 PSIG.

Good luck.

Thanks Hissin, I ordered the Kirban AFR today and am going to start with 38 or 39 I've been told and wanted to know if the stock Pump will be up with that for a short while unti I can get a aftermarket fuel pump.

I was gonna say................... I am kinda surprised you still have the stock pump with the HCI. Walbro pumps are OEM and would be my choice for an upgrade as well (half the pumps out there are repackaged Walbros. BBK for one, is).

Good luck.

Hissin, I am hoping that the fuel pump is the last part besides a tune or tweecer.......You "KNOW" how it goes. I bought the car in May 05 and looking at my mods you will know that I have almost as much in the engine etc as I paid for the car.......I'm trying......I will be ordering and you answered the fuel pump question.......W it will be...Thanks..

Boy, I know how it goes. I have dumped my fair share into the hunks of metal too. :bang:

It looks like a real nice lookin set-up. I wouldnt get on it too hard till the new pump goes in (it might be fine, but I am one for overkill and I happen to be a bit of a chicken. I also kinda wonder if some of these old pumps flow as much as they did when new).

As you know, grab a spare tank grommet for the pump swap.
Good luck bud!

You probably are ok - I dont know the power numbers you are seeing exactly. But when it gets into that neighborhood, I start to kinda wonder. You've been fine so far so you should be ok till the new pump goes in. :nice:

Thanks for the compliment on the set up Hissin....I look at everyone else's and wonder where I am at.......I am going to order the pump tonight after I get some feedback on which one 190 or 255 and get the guage for the AFR and just install everything before I turn it loose again....:D

Sounds good. Seems to me that a 255 is but a few bucks more than a 190 (which is the min. I would run), so the 255 would be my choice. But either should suffice (255 has room to grow. :D ).