2 weeks is all it took... kid drivers

well 13 days actually. Today would have marked the second full week of my oldest son driving. Last night he took my DD to work. This is how I got it back.

front.jpg

driverside.jpg

frontangle.jpg

He says someone came around a curve (its a blind curve i know it well) with their brights on and in his lane. He swerved it miss them, and went off road. Utility pole 1 Focus 0. Hes sore, but otherwise hes just fine. Kid got lucky.

• Sponsors (?)

Christ, that sucks. I have always secretly fantasized that I'm superhuman when piloting a vehicle, but I'm probably just lucky that nothing like that ever happened to me when I was that age. Good to hear he is OK. What happened to the other vehicle? Their statement?

Christ, that sucks. I have always secretly fantasized that I'm superhuman when piloting a vehicle, but I'm probably just lucky that nothing like that ever happened to me when I was that age. Good to hear he is OK. What happened to the other vehicle? Their statement?

The other vehicle kept on trucking. Another vehicle was sitting at the stop, and all the that driver saw was both vehicles then he says he looked down at his cell phone, and when he looked my son was off the road and heading for the pole.

The other vehicle kept on trucking. Another vehicle was sitting at the stop, and all the that driver saw was both vehicles then he says he looked down at his cell phone, and when he looked my son was off the road and heading for the pole.

That sucks. You either have to be completely clueless to not notice that the person in the other lane totaled their car, or you have to be very self centered to ignore it and keep driving, regardless of fault. If it really was their fault, that is even worse.

I used that same excuset when I was 16 and totaled my grandfathers El Camino SS. I was driving too fast around a corner and lost controll. I told everyone it was an oncoming car around the corner and I swerved to miss. Im not saying thats what happened, mind you :shrug:

Tell me about it ! Court ,fines still didnt learn !His is sittin in my back yard and he wants me to fix it ! He owes me alot of money now and i got him a job and havnt seen a penny !

I used that same excuset when I was 16 and totaled my grandfathers El Camino SS. I was driving too fast around a corner and lost controll. I told everyone it was an oncoming car around the corner and I swerved to miss. Im not saying thats what happened, mind you :shrug:

I was thinking that earlier. In 1997 I crashed my brand new Camaro, going to fast around a corner. "The deer was just standing there, and I had nowhere to go".

I learned my lesson.

Tell me about it ! Court ,fines still didnt learn !His is sittin in my back yard and he wants me to fix it ! He owes me alot of money now and i got him a job and havnt seen a penny !

Heres what kills me. If hed listen to me hed been driving his car instead of mine. His has no tags or ins yet. I told him how much he would need for his tags, and title fees. He had the money sitting in his bank account for 2 weeks. I start getting ready to insure his car... whats he do? He pisses every dime away. EVERY damn dime. So he needed mine to get to work. I wouldnt have let him drive it, but going to pick his ass up 11 every night was old. Now Im going to have front the cash for tags, and **** so he can drive his sorry behind to work. I swear I have to hold his hand for everything. Hes too much like momma... dense. God I love the boy, but I was never this slack about anything.

In a strange sort of way this may be a good thing. This might be the one experience that turns him into a truly safe driver and not one of these retarded importer racer kids. I think everyone needs to experience a good car wreck just to see what's at risk when you jerk around.

In a strange sort of way this may be a good thing. This might be the one experience that turns him into a truly safe driver and not one of these retarded importer racer kids. I think everyone needs to experience a good car wreck just to see what's at risk when you jerk around.

Well this would be his second. He had a pretty rough time earlier this yr. Went threw some suicidal thoughts due to his life being pretty crappy. In march he was riding home with my dad when they were rear ended making a turn onto my road. They were hit by full size ford in my dads cherokee. The Cherokee was sent about 120 ft up the road. My son had whiplash, and it scared him straight out of the wanting to die ****. Hes been down some since, but not once has he brought up just not wanting to live any more. That changed his outlook a lot. I just hope this one doesnt scare him about driving. He already drives like an old man. At least his Mustang only has 4 jugs for now. LOL

When I was 16 my first car was a 1994 camaro.. although this was only 3 years ago, feels like ages to me. I thought I was speed racer in that camaro. I can't believe it took a year before I totaled it. With that car I neglected it, never did maintenance or anything.

Ever since that accident I blow every damn dime on my cars and drive them like they are special edition #1 of 25.

My sister totalled a Plymouth Horizon after her second week driving. My parents found her another car - funny it was another Horizon. Two days later it was totalled. She told my dad not to buy her another Horizon because they were bad luck.

When my daughter started driving I made her pay for half of her car. I think it makes her more responsible when it was her hard earned money on the line.

My sister totalled a Plymouth Horizon after her second week driving. My parents found her another car - funny it was another Horizon. Two days later it was totalled. She told my dad not to buy her another Horizon because they were bad luck.

When my daughter started driving I made her pay for half of her car. I think it makes her more responsible when it was her hard earned money on the line.

I tore up my share of cars as a young driver myself. He bought his Mustang so I hope he takes care of it.

WOW, that's too bad, but at least he's OK. My son has been driving regularly for about 6 months, and luckily he won't drive my car (not an auto trans!) but he learned in our Yukon. After he saved up some money, we got him a 2006 Pontiac Vibe (Toyota Matrix twin), but he is making the payments. He's taking great care of it, knock on wood! I'm sure that $298 a month out of his pocket makes a difference!

Good luck on the insurance settlement.