20 Gauge Fusible Link Catching on fire lol?

The 20 gauge fusible link that comes off the main wiring harness and attaches to the starter solenoid (the one that controls the EEC power or something according to the diagram) heats up and smokes whenever its attached to the solenoid... Anyone have any idea why it would do this because its preventing my 4 cyl swap from starting lol...
let me know thanks

• Sponsors (?)

**** , i tried a bigger gauge wire and smoke bellowed out of my car from I'm assuming the main harness and computer considering it wouldn't be coming anywhere else, you think since i finally gave power to the computer that the computer's ground would cause the whole entire car to smoke up that bad?

well first off, changing the gage of the wire to a bigger gage will only allow more amperage to go through the circuit...fuse links, fuses, and circuit breakers have one purpose in life, to protect the wiring-not the components the wiring runs to. if you increase the gage, you're only upping the potential to burn up more wiring...

i'm betting you fried more than just one wire. and if grounds aren't properly done (corroded, not well fastened), then too much amperage will be drawn through whatever circuit you're energizing, thus burning up wires and possibly components.

when you were doing this swapover, did you change anything in the electrical system which could do this? also, the computer only provides a short to ground to control all the "actuators" (injectors, egr valve, fuel pump, etc). did you change any components that may now be drawing more amperage than what they should? did you piggyback (splice) anything off the computer's wiring-this is a no-no btw-this will cause too much amps to be drawn from that circuit

yeah no splicing at all, it was all plug n play... although there was smoke, i checked all the connections and nothing seemed to have melted so i think im still in the clear but i still got to find out wtf is causing that relay to do that... only thing i can think of is the ground for the harness.. i have it grounded to the firewall rather than the cylinder head, is this what ****ed it up?