20 inch Magnum 500 problems

ny in md

Apr 8, 2005
I purchased a set of knock off 500's from american muscle and am having nothing but trouble with them. Nobody said you were going to need a hub ring adapter and special lugs for the wheels to bolt up properly. Wondering if anybody else has heard of this issue or if someone had this happen to them.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

That's why I always steer clear of knock-off wheels...

When i bought my 20's, I didn't need an adapter, although I did change out the lugs to the chrome Saleen locking lugs, so I don't know if the stock lugs would have worked or not. But since you already have the wheels, I have heard of people having those problems when they purchase replica or fake wheels. Your only choice is just to get the ring adapter and the lugs and do what they need to work for your car.

That's why I always steer clear of knock-off wheels...

When i bought my 20's, I didn't need an adapter, although I did change out the lugs to the chrome Saleen locking lugs, so I don't know if the stock lugs would have worked or not. But since you already have the wheels, I have heard of people having those problems when they purchase replica or fake wheels. Your only choice is just to get the ring adapter and the lugs and do what they need to work for your car.

WOW thats good to know. I was planning on getting FR500's for my 02. so where can you get Rims that don't require extra items?