20" Rims - Can I see them pls

KOM TES

Jun 11, 2005
Gentlemen,

Thrilled to have just picked up a 2006 Black on Red GT w 12kmiles.

Need these stockers gone and am pretty set on 20's. Looking for a 5star with a fairly wide, large spoke. Leaning toward Axis GTR's right now, but no one in Canada has them.

What do you recommend?

Thank you,

• Sponsors (?)

The 5-spoke 20's seemed too open so I went with the retro Shelby 10-spoke CS66's

There's additional angles in My Garage:

klaw's Garage :: BLWNPNY

1211.jpg

Thanks for the pics boys.

Just got my 20" Konig Beyond's today. 20x9 with 255/35/20 fronts and 20x10 with 275/35/20 rear.

Should have them on the car in a couple of days and will surely share.

Btw, everything from Discounttire.com. Can't beat those prices and the service. Guy on the phone spent over an hour with me walking through different combo's, plus I saved a full grand over what I was getting local.

Can't beat that with a bat....

Sweet

Those 20's really look good. I'm in the market and seriously considering 20's over 18's.

How is the ride with the 20's and what brand tires are you using? I'm sure the quality of the tires has a lot to do with it.

BTW, I love the CS66's. They're reminiscent of the old 10-spokes from the early Shelby's.

Those 20's really look good. I'm in the market and seriously considering 20's over 18's.

How is the ride with the 20's and what brand tires are you using? I'm sure the quality of the tires has a lot to do with it.

BTW, I love the CS66's. They're reminiscent of the old 10-spokes from the early Shelby's.

For straight-line driving, you probably won't notice a whole lot of difference. The ride will be more firm, but not objectionably so. Tire quality may be a portion of it, but air pressure is the BIGGEST part of it. Ride quality & handling are DEFINITELY affected. Hit some bumps on a curve & your rear end is gonna dance around quite a bit. Steering is a bit twitchier too. You might pick up a few rattles as well. 18s probably offer the best compromise between look/style & handling/performance. That said, I LOVE the look of the 20s on the S197 body... a big, chunky body needs a big chunky wheel!

dsideSMALL.JPG