2000 3.8 V6 Swap To 5.0

Acmorri

Aug 21, 2016
Okay, so i have a question, (I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to mustangs)

I have a stock 2000 V6 3.8 Mustang, My friend has a rebuilt 301 5.0 with a 327 Stroker Kit.

He has all the tools and necessities to swap it into my mustang and is willing to do so, completely free, including reinforcing the back end with a 9" Axle with slapper bars.

HE states he is willing to swap the engine, redo all the plumbing and wiring free of charge, he has all that he needs, and just enjoys building cars. He has built many cars, and from what I have seen they are pretty damn good.

My question is this, is this a smart swap? what could possibly go wrong with anything else.
(Again, I am not going to be paying a dime for parts or labor)
Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a stock 2000 V6 3.8 Mustang, My friend has a rebuilt 301 5.0 with a 327 Stroker Kit.

He has all the tools and necessities to swap it into my mustang and is willing to do so, completely free, including reinforcing the back end with a 9" Axle with slapper bars.

HE states he is willing to swap the engine, redo all the plumbing and wiring free of charge, he has all that he needs, and just enjoys building cars. He has built many cars, and from what I have seen they are pretty damn good.

My question is this, is this a smart swap? what could possibly go wrong with anything else.
Thanks.
Hey I have an 01 with a 5.0 swap from a 96 explorer. The block is from the explorer but everything else was built up from there. It runs smooth and sounds amazing I haven't had any problems. One question I have for you and everyone else is I was gonna put a 5.0 badge where the gt emblem usually goes in the back bumper. Would this be okay since it really is a 5.0? I don't want to take off the v6 badges and have to fill in the holes

If you have a 5.0 engine under the hood, then I don't see why you couldn't put a badge on

Something like this might be a bit more subtle
EM3604.jpg

Thanks.

Is he going to keep it fuel injected? Or swap in a carbed setup? Also, why the 9" rear? seems like overkill when an 8.8 is more then enough for the power you'll be making and offers more suspension upgrade possibilities. A 9" in a late model just doesn't seem right unless a serious track built car.

All for free? He's going to inject many thousands of dollars and parts and countless houses sorting through the wiring and such for nothing?