2000 Cobra R questions

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by Sparty92, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Hi,

My friend is looking to buy a 2000 Cobra R, and I'm trying to find out what it might be worth.

It's all original, 1 owner car (dealer owned, I think). The mileage is about 1,500 or so.

It's actually at a Ford dealer in the used car section (indoors, anyway)...and they are asking $46K or so.

Anyone have some thoughts as to the value of this car? The number is #158 or something (the 150s, anyway....LOL).

2. Sound's little high? But then again you said it was at a Stealership:rlaugh:
    I've seen several around the mid $30,000+ but they have been driven = more milage?? Love to have 1 of the 300ish built :hail2:
  3. There were only 300 made and they typically sell for 40-60k, that seems like too low of a price to me.
  4. Yes, there were 300 made. This one is mid 100's for number sequence. Mileage is low.

Barrett-Jackson sold one in 2009...it was the #2 car, and it sold for $66,000.

I'm thinking that $46K is prolly in the ballpark. It's in excellent condition, with one small nick on the front splitter (thanks, dealership)...but I haven't gone over the car with a magnifying glass yet.

Anyone else have any info on this awesome car?

5. Is it this one?
    Cars for Sale: 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra Coupe in Sterling Heights, MI 48313: Coupe Details - 281489479 - AutoTrader.com Cylinder&certified=&body_code=2&fuel=&only_price=1&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=FORD&keywords_display=cobra&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&body_style=COUPE&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&sort_type=priceASC&address=46375&advanced=y&only_photo=1&end_year=2001&doors=&transmission=Manual&max_price=&cardist=239&standard=false
  6. If you truly want more 2000 Cobra "R" specific information, ask the "R" owners over at SVTP (they have their own section) - if anybody knows those cars inside and out, it's THEM. Trust me on this one.

7. Wow I've gotta say this really sounds cheap...I guess I'm out of touch and very surprised. I'd think this would be a $100K (or more) car. Didn't they used to be this pricey?
  8. That car is sweet. I think it looks better than the GT500.