$2000 dollar Ring & Pinion??

AutumnOrangeGt

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2002
Chicago,Il
I posted a thread about blowing my trans earlier. Turns out my rear end is shot. The dealer is telling me my axles are ok, the housing is ok, but my stock 3:27 gears are in pieces and its gonna be $2000 for parts and labor to fix!! :notnice: Am i crazy or is that price WAY over the top? :shrug: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

WOW, are you sure your differential doesn't have to be replaced also? Even then, that is about $1,300 for labor seeing as a Diff. should cost somewhere around $400-$500 and gears around $160.

Edit: Does that include the tranny??

Damn a lot of people are getting raped on rear ends lately.

You can buy a used one at stangparts and have it shipped for less than half that. Try a local salvage yard or rebuild shop. I had a complete 8.8 rebuilt for under $500 .

holy no lube butt rape batman :eek: that is friggin outrageous :nonono:

go to a speedshop & have them take care of it. should be around $500 for the gears & install (add about $100 on top of that for a speedcal, if you a get non stock gear ratio)

IT IS THE FACTORY FORD PARTS THAT ARE EXPENSIVE. COMPARE THE FORD RING AND PINION TO THE FORD MOTORSPORT RING AND PINION, HUGE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE. WHATS BAD IS THEY MORE THAN LIKELY COME FROM THE SAME PLANT. NORMALLY AFTERMARKET IS LESS EXPENSIVE.