2000 gt vs 07 350 auto

laserstang21

Feb 4, 2007
luling, La
what do u think the outcome would be? mine is stock except for the dynomax race bullets, and his is brand new? i ran a 14.14 at the track as a best but i can do better cause i have had some help and found out when my peak tq and hp is.

• Sponsors (?)

They don't seem that impressive to me.:shrug: I think if you have a fair amount of mods, with gears, you have an excellent chance of outrunning him. 5-speed should give you an edge, imo. Especially from a dig.

VQ35HR—3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine
306 hp @ 6,800 rpm
268 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

edit: I just read that you don't have alot of mods. I still think it would be close, but he'll probably take you.

i was just wondering. my fiance's ex had a regular lancer and thought it was hot ***** and then got rearended and has a 07 350z auto. now he really thinks hes somethin. but i think i might take him to the track and see how well he can handle it. pluss he talks to much crap.

It's not the 6hp and 8tq, i pretty much group 06/07's in the same threat category. But they really are better than the 03/04 platform, the new engines show a far less of a spiky power curve. Having power isn't all about peak numbers you know.

yea im pretty sure he is going to walk you from dig, or a roll. dig would maybe be the closest with him still beating you by a few cars. but from a roll its over. his top end will pull ya and to the guys saying that the 5spd will have the edge from a dig as a matter of fact the 5spd wont have the edge from a dig unless u really know what you are doing.

but with your 14.1 you wont get him. the old slower 350z use to run that time. these new ones are rated close with the 05+ GTs

I don't think you will beat him with your mods. I had one play around with me last month and I beat him from a dig and a roll. I know if I didn't have my mods he would of walked all over me but instead I walked all over him.