2000 Gt With Rust...can It Be Fixed? More Like, Is It Worth Fixing?

Popajim07

Nov 26, 2014
First time Mustang owner here. I bought this car roughly a month ago. A mechanic friend of mine and myself gave it a quick looking over. However we didn't have a lift at the time and didn't pull the wheels (mistake right there). What makes this whole situation salty is it passed inspection in August when the other fella had it.

Anyways, Im told it wont pass inspection next year. I pulled the wheels and this is what I seen. Can it be fixed? I know I have to pull the motor and strip it down to do it right. Fortunately, there inst any visible holes (Me and my hook found a little guy on the passenger side however) and when I stab it with a screw driver, it doesn't go through. However it looks rough...very very very rough.
20141122_141044.jpg
20141122_141228.jpg
20141122_142843.jpg
20141122_143904.jpg
00y0y_1Pi5fKBRfM1_600x450.jpg

This is one of those life lesson type of situations. I know now for next time but Id like to get some enjoyment out of this while I still can.

• Sponsors (?)

It doesn't look too bad to me and yes it can be fix and get a wire wheel and strip All the rust to the metal weld some new sheet metal on there spray some self edging primer and then under coating all under the car and you should be golden and the undercoating will keep it from rusting more and your repair spots from coming back but put it on there pretty thick,, mine is not rusted yet but I do plan to under coat the whole bottom of the car as preventive care before it even starts that's the best way to make sure it doesn't happen and as far as inspection I have never heard of anyone not passing inspection for having some rust under their car other wise 70 percent of all cars not the road would never pass inspection

Reactions: 1 user