$2000! & I want to upgrade my brakes,

don't waste your money on some 3.90 gears.. at least 4.10's on a N/A car. and for the brake upgrade you can spend $399 on a cobra brembo front brake kit. just get new pads and resurface the rears. As for clutches should've went McLeod clutch at http://www.customracer.com/mustang_driveline.html
Spec has too many problems that i've heard of. Do you plan on stupercharging it later on what's with the Spec II??

if you ordered the stuff already eek.

• Sponsors (?)

hognutz said:
I guess the point I was trying to make was the 60-0 on the cobra and saleen were not really better than the gt. As long as you are happy with the purchase I say great. I have not seen 100-0 data. I would asume repeatablity would be better with the upgrade do to the rotors. I understand what you are saying but I do my own brake works so for me it is like $150 vs 1k. I need rationlize why I spent the extra $850. I was all set to do this when I put on my h&r's, and bilsteins this month. I am just going to do a brake job and paint my calipurs.

you feel the same why i do mang.

I'm sure you will like the setup you are building, your choices are good. I need brakes as well and have made the choice to upgrade. I just came across this thread in a search and it looks like there is a new mod since the last time I've been on (Dragon Intake Plenum?, I've been away too long:). It's good to see C&L and 4.10's are still preferred.

I doubt you will be dissapointed with 3.90's, if you are dissappointed, you really are hard-core. You're biggest dissappointment with 3.90's will be finding traction :D You may want to invest in WIDE rubber soon.

The Tri-Ax is suppossed to be a strong unit, but I wouldn't know, I have a chip that shifts for me (Thx Dom, still running STRONG). Ford Racing products are pretty solid, you can't go wrong there.

Regardless, your setup sounds good. You will be able to tell a huge difference; like driving a new ride. Enjoy!