2000 mustang

STANGKER

Jul 17, 2005
First off i just want to say hello,
I am a new member of stangs.com and as of friday i am a mustang owner!! i am sooo exited, i hope it works out for me, cause i love mustangs. so now that i have one, i would like to ask a couple of questions.
1. Origional owners were a couple in there 60's, car has 42000 miles on it, i drove a v6 mustang that seemed to have more low end power, mine has more midrange, there seems to be a lug under 2500 rpms, what could it be. my buddy says air filter and unplug the computer so it resets and dials into my driving style, ever heard of doing that??

2. what are the problems with the v6's...rear ends going out, clutches, interior, what are some gripes???

3. I have no idea what the previous owners did to it, what maintanance should i perform to make it run a little smoother?

thank you for your help.
stangker

• Sponsors (?)

Stangker:

Welcome to Stangnet. In response to your questions I would first do a complete tune up, oils/fluids/plugs(if needed)/check wiring and hoses. I would change the stock paper air filter to a K&N to help it breathe a little easier. This should help your car out. If I remember correctly the '94-97's had more low end due to the single port whereas the 99 and up has more mid due to the split port.

Gripes: 1) The fantastic plastic interior squeaks and rattles (get used to it-if it doesn't already, it will). 2) Our cars benefit greatly with sub frame connectors (also helped to control and or get rid of some of my '98's rattles). These are just a few things I've noticed on my '98. I'm sure alot more of our fellow Stangnet members will help inform you and give a better overview of the general gripes of your year car.

If your thinking about modding your ride just use the search button, you'll find TONS of stuff. Good luck, and once again welcome to Stangnet.