2000 V6 02sensor Help Needed

TW5TDFEATR5

Sep 22, 2015
Let's start by saying it is ready to pass inspection after a year of parts and lots of money except 3 codes p0136, p0171, & p0174 ok now I have headers, h pipe, no cats, all 4 new 02 sensors I bunged them out and put eliminaters on them..and new mufflers ..I am currently waiting to see if disconnecting the battery will clear any (stored) codes that my scanner won't delete ...because after every change I reset the codes and drive and poof same 3 codes ..I have less than 20 days before my car can't renew its registration due to lack of inspection...any helpful ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok will look into it ..Could a k&n air filter and tube set up be a problem? It's been on the car the whole time but there were 10+ codes when I got it ..I will see what happens on my way home ..the battery has been disconnected all day ..thanks Brothers Performance

Well no codes popped up on the way home until I popped the 02s at 4500rpms ..they weren't welded because I didn't want to do something I wouldn't be able to undo..I used a 2 stage epoxy for steel(evidently it is crap)..so I cleaned the threads up and installed 02s back in pipe w/eliminators installed ...reset codes went for a drive light came on Check it and it was 1414..kept on going and got home and checked again and 1414 is gone and instead I now have p0141 and p0146 ..I an so tired of codes it's ridiculous maybe I swapped the plugs for the 02s in some haste one is blue and one is purple..I don't know which goes where because there was no exhaust on the car when I got it so I just plugged the closest plug to correlating 02 ...will swap plugs before I leave for work in the morning and see what happens

I swapped the wires and came up with the same 2 codes...the inspection is past due but I would still like to be able to solve this problem...so I can hit the road as soon as snow season disappears ⛄