2001 3.8l running rough, help????

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by valleystang11, Jan 3, 2010.

1. inspector8

inspector8 New Member

Pushed back pin

The BL/GR wire female connector on coil plug was pushed back!!!!!! Thanks sooooooooooo much for your help. I probably still have a bad coil, I'll find out the next time it's hot. It's great AutoZone takes back electrical components, Oreillys won't.

:):):):):)

2. MFCstang96

MFCstang96 New Member

trying to get dads GF back on the road in the stang!

i need help for a similar issue! car runs rough.. bogs out.. stalls when you come to a complete stop SOMETIMES.. engine shakes at low RPM just like stated above BUT i also have a ticking noise coming from somewhere under or around the intake and before you crank the engine the fuel pump sounds like its spazzing out. seems like a bad connection somewhere? any help? i can take something apart and put it together but no experience with diagnostics. it is a 96stang with an 03v6 in it. car drove fine up until today.

car is in arizona.. live off of a dirt road.. and is driven no more than 30 miles a day just to give you more of a clue of driving conditions.

3. wmburns

SN Certified Technician

4. inspector8

inspector8 New Member

2003 v6 running rough

If you read my previous posts, I was really helped by this site. I don't see if you have put a OBD2 tester on car and read the codes. You need to do this first. Autozone + Oreillys both will read your codes for free, or lend you their tester if you can't drive to store. Good luck!:)