2001 Bullitt, vortech installation question...

Ted87GT

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2001
Southern Maine
Hey everyone, I'm working on putting a vortech supercharger back on a 2001 Bullitt mustang. The supercharger itself blocks the idler pulley for the serpentine belt. I was wondering if anyone has done this before and how they got the serpentine belt on? I tried using a pry bar, and several other methods but nothing has worked so far. the instructions said to use locking pliers on the belt but that didnt work either. any suggestions? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Are you saying the belt is too tight to get on? If you put a breaker bar on the tensioner pully and have a friend slide it onto the waterpump pulley it is a lot easier. If you get a smaller supercharger pulley it will go on even easier :D

OK here is what you do - put the car up on ramps or jack stands or whatever, get under the car, then push on the tensioner from underneath with a really long stick (wood, metal, whatever) then it will come out from behind the bracket, then have a friend insert a ratchet into the tensioner like you normally would, then loop the belt around like normal.