2001 gt won't turn over after some work

i had a similar problem when installing my new engine there are no grounds on the timing cover. only the one negative battery cable ground that goes to the block and the block to frame ground. my old starter tested good and started with a jump but would draw all my power from my batter. the starter was drawing excess power and replacing it fixed the problem. now it starts but it wont idle sucks for me sorry about the dealership

Holy old post batman :eek:

these issues have been taken care of about 5 months ago.

there was no ground on the timing cover. i was getting a bad connection from my negative battery cable as well. So i swapped out the terminal.

• Sponsors (?)

Was the motor hurt during the original event?

I am entering this thread late. However, it occurs to me that the damage may have been done during the ORIGINAL event.

Consider this scenario. Something caused the valve train to lock up in the first place. The cam is not able to turn but the crank shaft is turning anyway. This causes the chain to stretch.

Therefore, replacing the timing chain fixed only a symptom of the problem and not the problem itself.

IMO, it is also possible that given how loose the timing chain was in one of the previous pictures, the timing could have easily slipped while the motor was running. This could have caused the PTV contact that broke the roller follows.

A 3rd possibility is that one of the cam bearing is galled. This caused the cam shaft to not turn as freely as it should. This stretched the chain which created enough slack to allow the timing to slip. This caused the PTV contact that broke the roller followers.

I think that you motor was mortally wounded during the original event.