2001-up center console in 96?

Does anyone know if a 2001-up center console will work in a 96 stang? B/c I'm getting different parts for my interior and I want the center thing w/ the cupholders but not the ones that I right next to the shifter (some cups doing work real well there while shifting)..and the 2001-up's have the cupholders farther back I believe...I think it should work but I'm no 100% sure....if anyone has some 'expert advice" that would be tight. L8r yall

• Sponsors (?)

i know my brother couldnt really shift well with his huge coffee in the morning from dunkin donuts... so he would either get the small one or have me hold it till we got to school... dman we got to school late alot... lol, didnt matter no one cared! my drink is much better placed in the 'morn but thats cuz i dont tend to get huge coffees, i teng do get like, small coffee or choco-milk! i love nesquick.
but on a helpful note, i doubt the 01+ center console will work, without some light modification... not to mention if i got it i would lose my precious billet switchboard!