2002 At V6

2002 3.8L V6 AT...looking to mod, suggestions???

Hey all,

I just recently bought a used '02 Mustang Convertible. It is a V6 with AT (I know, I know). I am looking to put a few mods on it, mainly for sound and to increase HP. I have read alot about various exhausts and intakes, but I wanted to get more input and maybe more suggestions. Can anyone suggest some things to get me started. I am new to this so any help would be much appreciated. I would like to see what I can do with a $500-700 budget if that helps with suggestions.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Notice he said nothing about making the car any faster in the 1/4 mile. Just asking about makin it sound better and adding a few horses. First thing you have to realize is that you are never going to make your v6 sound like a v8. As far as different applications, you can go with Flowmasters Super 40s, Borla, Bassani, there are alot. Its a personal preference. I suggest definetely sticking with your stock y-pipe and just making it dual exhaust from there back. Also for the sizes of the pipes, I would go with 2.25" or 2.5" max.

Off the shelf catbacks are an easy upgrade and make the V6 just look plain better. You'll probably want to spend money on whatever you truely want.

If you don't know catbacks come with all you need to replace your exhaust from the catalytic converters back. You can opt to go a custom way and have an exhaust shop hook up piping to mufflers and tips. My buddy just got his exhaust done like that and it costed $460 final.

Intakes....just shop for whatever you want to spend money on. E-bay CAI's can be $40 and K&N FIPK CAI's are around $230 on summitracing.com

fazm83 said:
wrong forum buddy. But you are talkin bout taking a 17 second car, and hoping for .... 16.5 with $700? ya tahts possible, maybe 16 if you just want a nitrous setup.

17 second car? yeah if you can't drive. I know 3 V6's in the low 15.1's without all the extra mods. I've seen stock v6's run 5.4 too.