2002 GT for $4500

Fox or New Edge

• Total voters

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
As some of you know im selling my Cobra for financial reasons and was planning on replacing it with a Fox but ran across this gem. A 2002 GT. Here is the ad:
$4495 great price, needs lil work rear end making a noise like a lose caliper, and it has been in a front end collison, cold a/c all leather 18in.. wheels,

Here is the VIN if someone has carfax access 1FAFP42X72F160597
Would you guys choose this over a 306 Trick Flow H/C/I Black 90 GT 5-speed for the same price? Fox is clean except for fade on roof

7257067047_245223196_IM1_MAIN_565x4.jpg

7257067048_245223196_IM1_02_565x-1.jpg

7257067049_245223196_IM1_03_565x421.jpg

And the Fox
011510010405011613200805235aaf9924c.jpg

0101060115080116042008052389603c987.jpg

01011201150801160720080523aad8ab14d.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

the 02 would have to be my choice... seeing as how it would be the DD, it seems more practical. Love the foxes and all dont get me wrong but remember you're asking in the 4.6 so of course most will say get the new edge! same way if you were to go into the 5.0 and ask they SHOULD if it was to follow the same path most would say get the 5.0... ask in BHR too perhaps?

I would go with the FOX. Looks really clean and fun. The 02 you might run into problems later on with and I dont know how it was hit in the front and what damage was done but in the first pic it looks like the line with the hood meeting the passsanger fender looks a little off. Could just be the angle tho.

also where the side skirt meets the fender. but keep in mind guys the price... small things like that may bring the price down to the seller who may not have the know how of straightening that kinda stuff out but in the long run the buyer may know exactly how to solve those problems and it turns out to be a good buy

Fox.

I can see two spots off the bat in that crappy first pic that show the panels not lining up really well. Not to judge off the bat that they didnt fix it right, im just calling what I see. I wouldnt wanted to buy a wrecked car.

A H/C/I 306 will be more fun N/A than a 2v 4.6 ever will. Unless you plan on forced induction w/ the 2v, you will be dissapointed in the performance of a 2v 4.6 since you are coming from the 4v world.

And this is personally based, but autos "can" be fun, but it takes a bit to get them to that point. Even then, you still dont have the control a manual gives you.

the 02 would have to be my choice... seeing as how it would be the DD, it seems more practical. Love the foxes and all dont get me wrong but remember you're asking in the 4.6 so of course most will say get the new edge! same way if you were to go into the 5.0 and ask they SHOULD if it was to follow the same path most would say get the 5.0... ask in BHR too perhaps?
You would think but there was another thread similar to this in 5.0 and 4.6 with the 4.6 guys saying get the Fox and the Fox guys saying get the 4.6 :rlaugh:
Stangneters are a few frys short of a Happy Meal :D

Id seriously suggest the Fox.

99-04's are nice, more modern... yes.

Unless its wrecked, and if its not put back together right, hello trouble.

Plus a nice Fox is getting rare. 5.0's own a 4.6 in NA power gains, and cost to do so. Hold on to a vital piece of Mustang history before they are all gone and torn up.

99-04's will be around for a long time and WONT hold their value like a 5.0 car, at least for a while untill they start to become more desired.

Around here a nice Fox still sells from $5500-9k depending on year/mileage/mods.

You’ll never listen to this because lets be honest, you’re a kid and I certainly would have disregarded this advice when I was your age, but I would go with neither. If you can't afford to scrape together a few grand to keep your Cobra, you can't afford to sell it and replace it with another Mustang (even for half the price). Especially considering that either car is obviously going to be in need of some TLC by the sounds of it and you know as well as I do that every spare cent you have after the fact would probabl go towards additional mods for it, even when they're not needed.....thus still keeping your broke. If you're that hurting for money, sell it off and be sensible with your spending habits for a couple of years and then when you're "really" able to afford to own another Mustang, take the plunge.
Plus a nice Fox is getting rare. 5.0's own a 4.6 in NA power gains, and cost to do so. Hold on to a vital piece of Mustang history before they are all gone and torn up.

99-04's will be around for a long time and WONT hold their value like a 5.0 car, at least for a while untill they start to become more desired.

Around here a nice Fox still sells from $5500-9k depending on year/mileage/mods.
Great advice, but not for someone who's strained for cash and can't really afford to give a fox the attention it would deserved. At 15-years since the last one rolled off the assembly line, the phrases "cheap Fox" and "reliable, inexpensive mode of transportation" don't go together in the same sentence. I'm not making any reference to their reliability in general, but lets be honest....it's an old car, that's going to have old car problems that some kid who's squeezing a budget isn't going to be able to afford to address properly. I now equate the upkeep of a fox to more of that of a classic, than a daily driver. Parts go more frequently now and although they're cheap, will need to be replaced more frequently and unexpectedly because of it's age. More often than not, he will either end up overextending himself and getting into financial trouble again, and/or running the car into the ground in the process because he's not able to give it the proper attention to detail it will require.

You’ll never listen to this because lets be honest, you’re a kid and I certainly would have disregarded this advice when I was your age, but I would go with neither. If you can't afford to scrape together a few grand to keep your Cobra, you can't afford to sell it and replace it with another Mustang (even for half the price). Especially considering that either car is obviously going to be in need of some TLC by the sounds of it and you know as well as I do that every spare cent you have after the fact would probabl go towards additional mods for it, even when they're not needed.....thus still keeping your broke. If you're that hurting for money, sell it off and be sensible with your spending habits for a couple of years and then when you're "really" able to afford to own another Mustang, take the plunge.

Great advice, but not for someone who's strained for cash and can't really afford to give a fox the attention it would deserved. At 15-years since the last one rolled off the assembly line, the phrases "cheap Fox" and "reliable, inexpensive mode of transportation" don't go together in the same sentence. I'm not making any reference to their reliability in general, but lets be honest....it's an old car, that's going to have old car problems that some kid who's squeezing a budget isn't going to be able to afford to address properly. I now equate the upkeep of a fox to more of that of a classic, than a daily driver. Parts go more frequently now and although they're cheap, will need to be replaced more frequently and unexpectedly because of it's age. More often than not, he will either end up overextending himself and getting into financial trouble again, and/or running the car into the ground in the process because he's not able to give it the proper attention to detail it will require.
Your right I will disregard most of that. Brian, im 33 and have been through a whole lotta chit in my life and the worst just reciently. I def got one job I gotta start on wed and as soon as my piss test comes back (yes I studied) ill have a second job thats part time. I know sometimes people get confused because me and my father live together but I gave up a good life to move out here and take care of him so we were both living off what I made until I got sick in Dec 06. Well oddley enough I lived and hes been doing better since I came here to help him in his last part of life. It was tough but will get better. I have bills that I dont want to fall behind and I wont borrow money. So I have to sell it now to keep the bills paid and I WANT to still have a Stang. I can work on them just fine and have all the power/air tools. I know them and they are my favorite car. So im not gonna go get some 4K Taurus or lousy T-Bird when I can get a nice Stang. Does that sound stupid or does any of that make sense Brian?

Fox man. I have an 01 gt and wish I had kept my fox as well. (sold it for no reason really). I guess the main factor is that the 02 gt has been wrecked and the fox has a fresh motor in it and looks fairly taken care of. It doesnt look like the fox needs much if anything at all. But you already know the 02 needs work and they cost way more than a fox to repair (trust me I know) If I could I would get a fox again.

True, alot of that depends on how well its been taken care of, and what has allready been replaced on the car though.

Buying a used car is hit or miss if it isnt a really new model, and even then you can run into a problematic vehicle.

Thats why I like the Fox. 5k on engine/tranny/rear end since rebuild and he has reciepts.
Still kinda erked about Brians comment. I know im an idiot but do I really come off as a kid :scratch: Well I guess that shows im young at heart ........... or just really immature......... im leaning twords the latter :D

How about this... He asked which one we think he should get regardless of this financial problems whatever they may be... I dont see how or why it has turned into a dont think you can afford it, this or that. He has simply come onto this board asking which one of those cars looks like it would be best to purchase. The most i could see coming out of this is okay, this is a positive and negative of this car or this car. Not well here are the positives and negatives of your life. Just pick which car you think would be best. End of story

How about this... He asked which one we think he should get regardless of this financial problems whatever they may be... I dont see how or why it has turned into a dont think you can afford it, this or that. He has simply come onto this board asking which one of those cars looks like it would be best to purchase. The most i could see coming out of this is okay, this is a positive and negative of this car or this car. Not well here are the positives and negatives of your life. Just pick which car you think would be best. End of story