2002 GT for $4500

Fox or New Edge

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

is the 02 a salvage title? I didnt see that mentioned anywhere in here but I probably overlooked it.

I am going to assume it is at that price. The body parts don't look like they match up too well but it if feels sound then I can understand why you would want it. The only thing I can think of is assuming it has been taken care of it might be more reliable than the fox. but you never know with it being in a wreck.

if it came down to resale value I would take the fox because if the 02 is a salvage you would be lucky to get what you are going to pay for it.

nevertheless, it looks like its in pretty good shape for what it is.

The fox looks really good too.

I think whatever you feel more comfortable with is what you should get.

good luck!:nice:

Your right I will disregard most of that. Brian, im 33 and have been through a whole lotta chit in my life and the worst just reciently. I def got one job I gotta start on wed and as soon as my piss test comes back (yes I studied) ill have a second job thats part time. I know sometimes people get confused because me and my father live together but I gave up a good life to move out here and take care of him so we were both living off what I made until I got sick in Dec 06. Well oddley enough I lived and hes been doing better since I came here to help him in his last part of life. It was tough but will get better. I have bills that I dont want to fall behind and I wont borrow money. So I have to sell it now to keep the bills paid and I WANT to still have a Stang. I can work on them just fine and have all the power/air tools. I know them and they are my favorite car. So im not gonna go get some 4K Taurus or lousy T-Bird when I can get a nice Stang. Does that sound stupid or does any of that make sense Brian?
Sorry Laser, I guess I was remembering you as another member with a similar user name who in fact was a kid (about 19). And knowing what I and most of us were like at that age, having money in the pocket and "responsible spending" didn't often travel hand in hand. ;)

Either way, based on your responses, I'm sure you're informed enough to make the right decision. You will however be kicking your ass for getting rid of the Cobra though. Especially down grading into a Fox4 based GT of any year?

dude, if money is an issue, i would sell the cobra, and pick up a fuel efficiant car. the barrel of oil will plunge to 150 dollars and most economists say, "oh, welll we have reserves" yes, we do, for only 4 months, so gas will slightly go down, then pick back up even quicker.

if ur at the point of making sensible decisions, pick up a used yaris or prius. thats what i would do, plus, ur dad's cobra is still around, and im sure he will not have a problem with you driving it every now n then.

dude, if money is an issue, i would sell the cobra, and pick up a fuel efficiant car. the barrel of oil will plunge to 150 dollars and most economists say, "oh, welll we have reserves" yes, we do, for only 4 months, so gas will slightly go down, then pick back up even quicker.

He has said he was going to get another mustang just not as expensive.

if ur at the point of making sensible decisions, pick up a used yaris or prius..

I know I would rather not drive than drive a prius. thats for sure. I laugh at all the people that overpay for one of those to save on gas but the extra money you pay would pay for that gas.

I understand what you are saying though but I just know I would rather pay extra for gas than drive one of those

If I get the fox I am also gonna get a 90s Cutlas Calais with a quad four and cold A/C from a friend for $400. He just told me hed hold the car till I sell mine. So it looks like itl be a Fox and the Cutlas :nice: If I get the Fox for around $4000 that is :shrug:

refinance the cobra or something bro! If you cant afford the cobra now, your in a TIGHT squeeze....I mean its only about a 10K car which you have had for a while.

And how did your dad afford a 25K 03 cobra if you went out there to support him???? If he can now afford that cobra wouldnt you think he could help you out a bit considering you both lived off your money for quite a while?

I mean this just doesnt seem to make sence...nice house/ two car garage, 10K cobra and a 25K 03 cobra and now your going to sell your cobra just to come out with around 4K cash after buying the fox???

Thats why I like the Fox. 5k on engine/tranny/rear end since rebuild and he has reciepts.
Still kinda erked about Brians comment. I know im an idiot but do I really come off as a kid :scratch: Well I guess that shows im young at heart ........... or just really immature......... im leaning twords the latter :D

I hope it does mean your a kid....Im 32 almost 33 and already disabled for life,been this way since 2005,most likely will never be able to work again,oh yea that sounds great doesnt it....I dont think so......Im bored outta my mind.Thats why my sig keeps changing...trying to learn photoshop.

Anyways for your question.First I never really cared for the Fox bodys,so guess I cant give a good opinion on that.But as for the 02 I guess it comes down too what type of wreak and damage was done.If it was minor say like a dented fender I guess I could live with it for the right price,but too much damage I would say no.For the simple reason that my 01 I had took alot of body damage from a drunk(see pics in my garage) and although the body shop lined everything up good and the paint looked very good when fixed.....it just didnt stay that way.After a couple yrs paint started flaking and looking bad.They had to paint the entire passenger side,front end,driver door,driver skirt.The paint didnt really match...maybe a buffin might have fixed.The car did drive fine and never had any issues from the accident but I also had to keep taking the car back to them for about 2months to fix small things that they missed...but I stayed on them.Now the question is....did the previous owner of this 02 do the same?Or is there possibly small things still wrong that they DO NOT know of yet?Im guessing there are still some things wrong.But this is all just my opinion.

refinance the cobra or something bro! If you cant afford the cobra now, your in a TIGHT squeeze....I mean its only about a 10K car which you have had for a while.

And how did your dad afford a 25K 03 cobra if you went out there to support him???? If he can now afford that cobra wouldnt you think he could help you out a bit considering you both lived off your money for quite a while?

I mean this just doesnt seem to make sence...nice house/ two car garage, 10K cobra and a 25K 03 cobra and now your going to sell your cobra just to come out with around 4K cash after buying the fox???

Well it does kinda make sense to me.If he became disabled for awhile then got disablity later after applying,then thats a possible fat back pay check,with my back pay I got 12k on one check.Plus if they believed that his dad was in the passing stages...why not try to get or enjoy the time thats left.And its only right that Lazer helped him,dad most likely supported Lazer for 18+yrs.If this was my dad thats the way I would have done it...I have my entire life to enjoy where as possibly he wouldnt.