2002 GT for $4500

Fox or New Edge

• Total voters
Well it does kinda make sense to me.If he became disabled for awhile then got disablity later after applying,then thats a possible fat back pay check,with my back pay I got 12k on one check.Plus if they believed that his dad was in the passing stages...why not try to get or enjoy the time thats left.And its only right that Lazer helped him,dad most likely supported Lazer for 18+yrs.If this was my dad thats the way I would have done it...I have my entire life to enjoy where as possibly he wouldnt.

Laser is disabled? I see nothing wrong with him helping his dad out BTW.

So your saying laser got a 25K disability check, spent it on buying his dad an 03 cobra while knowing he couldnt afford his own car?

• Sponsors (?)

refinance the cobra or something bro! If you cant afford the cobra now, your in a TIGHT squeeze....I mean its only about a 10K car which you have had for a while.

And how did your dad afford a 25K 03 cobra if you went out there to support him???? If he can now afford that cobra wouldnt you think he could help you out a bit considering you both lived off your money for quite a while?

I mean this just doesnt seem to make sence...nice house/ two car garage, 10K cobra and a 25K 03 cobra and now your going to sell your cobra just to come out with around 4K cash after buying the fox???

The reason im selling it is because I am broke NOW. I need the money and I still need a car. The Cobra is the only thing I own of any substantial value.

To your second question, dad is disabled and not long of life left. I had alot of money and he had none which is why he moved out to Texas. He got more sick and needed help so I dropped everything, sold my condo and moved out here. I paid for everything then I got ill for a year. Couldnt work and what I had left paid for me and my father to live. He finnaly got his Social Security after fighting for two years and got a large lump sum. He used most of it to get his Cobra cause he really wanted it. It has made him alot healthier just from the joy of driving the car. Im better now and it took awhile for me to be good enough for a job. Im cutting it by a knats ass and need to sell the my Cobra to stay afloat. I will not get some import or POS that makes me sad everytime I have to drive somewhere. Mustangs make me happy, my happiness is in direct proportion to my health so Im getting another.
Their was a time you could find 4-5 grand in different spots all over my house, now it tight and selling the Cobra will solve more problems than it makes.

Well it does kinda make sense to me.If he became disabled for awhile then got disablity later after applying,then thats a possible fat back pay check,with my back pay I got 12k on one check.Plus if they believed that his dad was in the passing stages...why not try to get or enjoy the time thats left.And its only right that Lazer helped him,dad most likely supported Lazer for 18+yrs.If this was my dad thats the way I would have done it...I have my entire life to enjoy where as possibly he wouldnt.

Yeah you pretty much said it :nice: And sorry to hear about your problems. I almost went for TDI but was turned down and when I was gonna appeal it is when my Dr said I should be fine and live another 20-30 years. I wana go work because as you say I ambored out of my mind around the house. I cant even go drive my baby cause I cant afford the freaking gas.

Look everyone, some are frinds and some are antagonists. Im an adult with a Colleage degree and use alot of thought in my decisions. I have logicaly weighed the pros and cons and made a rational decision. Now I have told everyone my lousy life story and hope it satisfies you all.
I just wanted honest opinions on the two cars, NOT MY LIFE, LACK OF CASH OR WHY I DONT ASK DADDY FOR MONEY.
I have only borrowed money from one friend EVER and dont like the feeling of borrowing money. If I cant afford it I wont get it. Ive made alot of money my whole life and bought whatever I liked. Its just different living from check to ckeck :notnice:

I can't believe everyone is judging him. Let the man do what he pleases with his life and money. This thread was about buying 1 of 2 cars and that's all we should be discussing really.

Laser is disabled? I see nothing wrong with him helping his dad out BTW.

So your saying laser got a 25K disability check, spent it on buying his dad an 03 cobra while knowing he couldnt afford his own car?
Besedes being a r-tard, no im not dissabled now. I got Lepto Spyrosis (sp) from drinking stream water in Maui. It caused hep C which almost killed me. I JUST finnished the treatment which is damn near identical to chemo. Same drugs, same adverse effects.....only I didnt get skinny :( Drs always said I had a f'ed up metabolism :shrug: Well my viral count is under a million now so ill live awile longer :nice:

Besedes being a r-tard, no im not dissabled now. I got Lepto Spyrosis (sp) from drinking stream water in Maui. It caused hep C which almost killed me. I JUST finnished the treatment which is damn near identical to chemo. Same drugs, same adverse effects.....only I didnt get skinny :( Drs always said I had a f'ed up metabolism :shrug: Well my viral count is under a million now so ill live awile longer :nice:

Crap dude sorry to hear :( I didnt know you were going through all of this. You have to admit that noone would be able to accuratly guess what was going on, so thus all of the suggestions about what to do. Its like me coming on here saying im selling the cobra for a 21K mach because I cant afford the cobra....people are going to ask questions and make suggestions unless you really explain whats going on. I would totally expect that.

Now that I know whats going on, I say go for the 5.0 :nice: IMO its a better option. True its older, but parts are cheap and there are less parts to worry about....also its easier to work on and you know what your doing, and knowing you, the car will be mint inside and out in no time.

i couldn't give a crap what your life story is......to me you are a good guy with a good personality and a bad ass car. in my book you are a friend. you have a problem that requires you to get rid of your car for the money, you do what you gotta do, i understand completely.

i voted for the 02 but that was before i saw the little things that didnt line up. i would go for the fox.

also i know you said you wold do the 5-lug swap, so when you sell your cobra leave the fr-500's on it and keep the stock cobra wheels. i have seen maybe 1 or 2 black fox's with your cobra wheels, and the GT body kit just sets it off. IMO they are the best looking wheels you can get on a fox GT

dood.....you are very strong for going through what you go through, and stickin with ur dad no matter what :flag: here's to another 30+ years, yeh? :nice: (i fell in love with that 5.0, btw :drool:)
Thanks mang :nice:
Crap dude sorry to hear :( I didnt know you were going through all of this. You have to admit that noone would be able to accuratly guess what was going on, so thus all of the suggestions about what to do. Its like me coming on here saying im selling the cobra for a 21K mach because I cant afford the cobra....people are going to ask questions and make suggestions unless you really explain whats going on. I would totally expect that.

Now that I know whats going on, I say go for the 5.0 :nice: IMO its a better option. True its older, but parts are cheap and there are less parts to worry about....also its easier to work on and you know what your doing, and knowing you, the car will be mint inside and out in no time.
Its cool man. I took it a little personel and over reacted from it. Sorry and thanks for the nice words. I wil prolly cry when it does sell, I love this car to no end and have put my heart and soul into it. Its a beast (for stock Cobra) and handles and rides so nice. Gives me no trouble ever and gets good mileage. Whoever buys it will have a very solid car :(
:shrug: did everyone totally blow by my post about not going into life problems and to simply pick between the cars. Laser, sorry bro. I tried :nonono:
Thanks buddy. I saw that and was ..... I dont know what I was but it was cool of ya. Its good to have some great friends on here :nice:
i couldn't give a crap what your life story is......to me you are a good guy with a good personality and a bad ass car. in my book you are a friend. you have a problem that requires you to get rid of your car for the money, you do what you gotta do, i understand completely.

i voted for the 02 but that was before i saw the little things that didnt line up. i would go for the fox.

also i know you said you wold do the 5-lug swap, so when you sell your cobra leave the fr-500's on it and keep the stock cobra wheels. i have seen maybe 1 or 2 black fox's with your cobra wheels, and the GT body kit just sets it off. IMO they are the best looking wheels you can get on a fox GT

Again, thanks. I voted SN95 too cause I love the style of them :nice: But after pointing out the body gaps Im gonna go Fox too. I love the Aeros but would only get a PI swapped one. The New Edges are too expensive when nice :( Besides I have worked on Foxes for 20 years now and know them quite well.
Im not afraid of a modded car. I have a nice data loging compression tester and have no problems checking EVERYTHING before I fork over the cash. I have seen several very nice Foxes that are bone stock and I would love a coupe but I will want to mod it cause of the power level im going from. It will be awhile before I can afford it so the black GT is perfect for me. I just saw Horse Power yesterday and they did a 92 Coupe with the exact same EVERYTHING the GT has for performance mods down to the same fuel pump and it made 276rwhp :nice: With the weight difference it should be as quick as my Cobra.

Lazer,

Hopefully I didnt offend you by answering the guys question on why your doing what your are and putting your life out like that,I figured it was ok since it was in another post.

And I agree about getting the car you want...or close to it,kepping my gt when I was at my worst health when I should have sold it or let it go back is what kept me going.Knowing I had to make the payments is what got me out of bed,made me walk of which was extremely hard and painful even tho it was a stick and hurt to drive....otherwise I think I would have just given up of which is why I sold every gun I owned at the time.Having that car and now having the Mach does help mentally and keeps me going when the pain gets bad.So I fully understand yours and your dads situation.Mentality and happiness has alot to do with health.:flag:

Rabid, I wasnt offended at all. Its all good and most people on hear know me from all my posts but some dont and I forget that sometimes. Im sure you and I talked about these problems you have too but I was on so much pain meds before I forgot alot of stuff........even math :( JK :D
But people on here making me laugh and driving my Cobra, hell even washing it made the bad days not so bad :nice: I even wrote a letter to Ford thanking them for making the Mustang and how it helped me survive and how it made my dad who wouldnt get out of bed several months ago get out and feel alot better thanks to his Cobra. Thanks Ford for a wonderful car :flag:

Hey Bill--just got back from NY and saw this post. It is, as we all know, a total bummer you have to sell the Cobra...makes me sad thinking about it. That being said I think your story is an inspiration. We all deal with bumps in the road, especially with sickness which can cause all kinds of problems. The important thing is that you are financially as secure as possible and HAPPY! If the new edge wasn't wrecked I would say get it although you never know what can show up with an older car (the fox) but you obviously have some know-how--I say get whichever one makes you feel better! Make a list of pros and cons and tally it up to help with the decision.

Good luck brotha! :nice:

Found my new car :nice:
2841011138.jpg

fullmusttop2.jpg