2002 Saleen S281sc

Scott may

Apr 15, 2016
Hi, I recently purchased a 2002 saleen s281sc. I am trying to figure out what kind of modifications I can make to increase the horsepower without rebuilding the motor. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

I used to have the same car, #353 torch red. It had a BBK throttle body but thats all. I heard that pulley swaps do not do too much to those cars as the blowers are pretty close to maxed out. It would come down to doing cams in it next IMO. It is not really a hard swap to do to change them out

I've heard tork tech makes a inlet plenum that adds about 30-40rwhp not sure how accurate that is?.. also that upgrading the intercooler gives some added power. Was also thinking of porting the supercharger? Just looking for some feedback from anyone who may have done any of these things.

Ive talked to a few people that have ported the blowers and got a little more out of it. I think the most ive seen out of one with all the bolt ons, ported blower, tuned was around 375-380rwhp. Im sure others have done more but thats what I saw when I had mine a few years back

375-400rwhp is about where I'd like to be with the car just looking for a little more power than what it currently have. It's pretty much just a weekend cruiser I'm not looking to race it or anything. Any idea if there is any supercharger upgrade that can be done?

The upgrade I heard of is the later Saleen superchargers on the 03-04 models. They flow better and are a tad bigger I believe. The roush supercharger's are decent units as well and have heard of people going over 430rwhp with those with bolt on mods and tuned