2002 To 1999 Timing Cover Swap...

Hey guys! Sorry about the thread title, I meant a 1998, not 1999! So I happened to find a whole supercharger kit with an intercooler and all the fuel injectors and everything needed for about $1500, so I had to snag up the deal. Only thing is, it's an older supercharger. It's a Procharger P600B. I was researching into the installation and the bracket the guy gave me was for a 96-99 mustang gt. Well I have a 2002 and I contacted procharger and they do not make a bracket for this. SO... Can I swap a 1998 timing cover on to my mustang? Or would there be anything else I'd need to do? Thanks guys :)

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Also to tack on another question... Let's say I decided to change the supercharger to a newer procharger, would I just be able to use that in place of the older one? Like use all the original hardware and intercooler and such but just have a newer procharger?

You can swap the timing covers out. Just unbolt all the accessories, remove the old one, clean the surfaces nice and good, and put the 3 bolt tensioner on. And you might as well put new timing cover gaskets on too. And, really, since you're halfway there, you might as well take the valve covers off and get that stock cam out and put a mild cam in, lol!! I mean, you're kinda right there anyway. All that can be done in a day. But anyway, you're much better off with the 3 bolt tensioner over that single bolt nonsense some idiot came up with. Sometimes I swear I don't know what they be smokin that they decided to change the perfectly working 3 bolt style to that stupid 1 bolt nonsense.

If you upgrade to a newer blower, it should bolt right in place of the older one.

Awesome, that's good news! Now just to find a 98 timing cover... Haha. Definitely already done the cam swap, actually, about 2 or 3 months ago. Kind of sucks I didn't know I needed to change out the cover then! But yeah, that's weird they switched to 1 bolt... Sounds like a step backward to me! Thanks Three :)