2003 Gt Long Tube Headers Install

• Sponsors (?)

You don't have to do either. It's easier to pull a motor in some cases or drop the K in others, but some header designs install with the steering shaft going through the driver side. Therefore it still must be installed with the engine in the car. Prepare for lots of cut/bruised hands and cussing but it's completely doable.

A tubular K member definitely makes life easier but again it's not needed. My first time I did headers was like an 8 hour install with 3 of us. Now we can knock them out much quicker if needed.

That being said I'll be buying a set that I can install on the engine stand and put in when I stab the motor and trans all at the same time. I've done that with a 4v and it was so much easier.

I highly recommend dropping the k member. A lot of times long tubes are done in conjunction with a new k member. +1 on checking to see if its one that has the steering shaft go through the primaries.

well funny story lol I knew I had an exhaust leak awhile back but I didn't realize it got worse from a couple header bolts backing out completely hell the passenger side header was hanging by two bolts so exhaust was flowing straight out of the head

I had open long tubes at the time so that was very loud I know I don't have much of an excuse I was a bonehead but it indeed happened by the time I got to it I could move the header (wiggle) with my hand ..huge mistake lesson learned just trying to help so that it doesn't happen to someone else im not trying to be one of those noobz that's trying to prove knowledge or something I don't know a lot and I can learn a lot from yall but I have learned a lot from a collection of mistakes lol