2003 GT Mustang CCRM Relocation?

GT Tommy

Aug 15, 2008
Has anyone relocated their CCRM from under the right side fender well to the engine compartment? Why did Ford place it there? Is it because of the engine heat, or because they wanted an excuse to charge you more for repairs. I'm thinking of relocating it to the area marked by the blue box in the picture below. I would appreciate your thoughts on this! Thank you, Tommy.

2003GTMustangpassengersideenginecompartment.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Why do you think you want to move it?

Most people are trying to clean up the engine bay by moving things to the fenders, not bring more stuff in there :lol:

I'd leave it alone. It's really only something you should have to access maybe once or twice in the life of the car normally and it's not that hard to pop the fender liner out to get in there.

Well, my son is having problems with his ac right now, and I just thought if the problem ends up being the CCRM, perhaps it would be a good idea to relocate it to the engine compartment in case it gives problems in the future. As of right now, I'm just looking for feedback like yours. I appreciate your concerns. Thank you, Tommy.